California Farm Truck Hello

A place for new members to introduce themselves

Moderator: FORDification

Gypsy Soul Garage

California Farm Truck Hello

Post by Gypsy Soul Garage »

Hello all!

A 1968 Ford F100 that was bought by a family up in the Northern Sacramento area as a truck to take alfalfa from one end of the farm to the other. After three decades of that a neighbor bought it as a hunting truck. A short time later the previous owner bought it and had plans to 'restore' the truck. His finances stopped him and now I own the truck with a staggering 63,xxx original miles. There are some bumps, bruises, little rust but it is complete!

I decoded the VIN and double checked everything and the truck is extremely original.
F10 - F100 2WD
H - 390 V8
R - San Jose, CA assembly
47xxx - November 1967
131 - Long bed
M - Whimbleton white
40 - All black vinyl interior
G - Automatic transmission (c6)
E9 - Dana 60 3.54 Locker

So far I have replaced a bunch of wear items trying to get the truck to a daily that I can trust and boy can I! The previous owner dealt with the 2BBL carb so that is great, but the suspension was junk. Rag joint, shocks all around, inner and outer tie rods, drag link. Once I got those and the alignment I realized part of my problem was the 25 year old bias ply tires on the front! So with new tires all around I have been slowly replacing other things that have been on my nerves. Making sure all the lights worked was my next problem, since the headlight switch was completely shot and that was affecting my interior lights I replaced that. While replacing my headlight switch the ignition switch literally fell from me pressing my hand against it. It seems someone previous had JB welded the plastic housing together and so I replaced that as well. The lights all finally working I changed the fluids and the belts, new battery and air filter.

Once I got to this point my buddy and I put a 2.5" dual exhaust with an H pipe that exits in front of the rear tires with 14" glasspacks and it sounds great! Now I have been parceling out new parts here and there from LMC and others to spruce up the interior. New gauge cluster lens and some needle paint, new door pulls ect. Fun truck, I have had a blast learning about it and I love the big block torque!

I have been taking pictures but they just look like a slightly rusty F-100. So here is a clip of a full video I am editing together. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=319-8CQPXY0&t=1s
lennyp
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: California Farm Truck Hello

Post by lennyp »

:wel: from Massachusetts.
67mann
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 67mann »

:D old trucks are so much fun.... :wel: from NY
I've had enough and I'm not alone
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii304/67mann/
hdman90
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by hdman90 »

:wel: from Pennsylvania!
1969 F-100 LWB 2wd 240 3spd manual
1969 F-250 LWB 4wd 360 4spd manual
1976 F-250 Supercab LWB 2wd 390 4spd manual
popeyes71
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by popeyes71 »

:wel: from the Bay Area! Looks like from the video your enjoying the truck a lot! :fr:
-Popeye-
1971 F-250 4x4 Highboy
1966 Chevy Nova, 8 second 10.5 car
59yblockf100

Post by 59yblockf100 »

:wel: from far northern ca