New from the High Desert of Oregon

A place for new members to introduce themselves

Moderator: FORDification

MadJoe

Re: New from the High Desert of Oregon

Post by MadJoe »

:wel: from MA!

Nice looking truck, especially for $100! I have to disagree about the green being ugly, though. My '71 was a similar (if not exactly the same) green as that originally, but the PO decided Maaco Special Black looked better and it hasn't aged well. Worst part about it is he did it "right" by having them paint everything: Dash, stakes, bed, door frames, under hood, etc., so it's going to be a project returning it to the original color (if I ever get around to it).
1971 F-350 DRW SWB Stake Body
360 FE
C6 transmission
OEM disc brakes
OEM power steering
Dana 70 4.10 rear end
lamogo33

Post by lamogo33 »

MadJoe wrote::wel: from MA!

Nice looking truck, especially for $100! I have to disagree about the green being ugly, though. My '71 was a similar (if not exactly the same) green as that originally, but the PO decided Maaco Special Black looked better and it hasn't aged well. Worst part about it is he did it "right" by having them paint everything: Dash, stakes, bed, door frames, under hood, etc., so it's going to be a project returning it to the original color (if I ever get around to it).
The trucks paint code, and underlying color is Candy Apple Red. Someone had done the same to this truck. Complete respray including dash, and even under the dash pad I have learned... :lol:

After looking at some liteture on this website I believe it was a factory color of some sort. This one is green with gold pearl. Looks good under the hood where it hasn't been weathered but the rest, well you and I seem to be in the same boat.

BTW, where in MA are you from? I dated a women who lives in Springfield. I've only visited the place during winter months, no idea what summer is like there. See ya!
1928 Model A Sedan
1952 Ford Tudor Sedan (Mainline)*
1992 Chevy K1500 ECSB w/a 454*

* = Daily Driver
MadJoe

Post by MadJoe »

lamogo33 wrote:
MadJoe wrote::wel: from MA!

The trucks paint code, and underlying color is Candy Apple Red. Someone had done the same to this truck. Complete respray including dash, and even under the dash pad I have learned... :lol:

After looking at some liteture on this website I believe it was a factory color of some sort. This one is green with gold pearl. Looks good under the hood where it hasn't been weathered but the rest, well you and I seem to be in the same boat.

BTW, where in MA are you from? I dated a women who lives in Springfield. I've only visited the place during winter months, no idea what summer is like there. See ya!
That is apparently not all that rare for these trucks, I guess. I guess I should count my blessings, at least I can return my exterior to the original color without having to paint the interior as well, I think if you did that with yours, it might not look so good. :lol:

I live about an hour and a half east of Springfield in the Westford area. You should try to get out this way in the summer, it's considerably warmer than the winter. :wink: Although right now, about 1 month from summer, it's not feeling like it's ever going to get warm again. This spring has been kind of miserable.

-Joe
1971 F-350 DRW SWB Stake Body
360 FE
C6 transmission
OEM disc brakes
OEM power steering
Dana 70 4.10 rear end
lamogo33

Post by lamogo33 »

MadJoe wrote:
lamogo33 wrote:
MadJoe wrote:
I live about an hour and a half east of Springfield in the Westford area. You should try to get out this way in the summer, it's considerably warmer than the winter. :wink: Although right now, about 1 month from summer, it's not feeling like it's ever going to get warm again. This spring has been kind of miserable.

-Joe
I'd love to be out that way during the summer months. We haven't had much of a spring here either. Yesterday was 74, tomorrow it will be snowing agian... :cry:
1928 Model A Sedan
1952 Ford Tudor Sedan (Mainline)*
1992 Chevy K1500 ECSB w/a 454*

* = Daily Driver
FoolsOnlyReadDirections

Post by FoolsOnlyReadDirections »

Welcome! Perhaps among the Fordification community I am most familiar with your outback area. I've crawled all over your area, Lake County. Have you made your way atop Abert Rim? I live in Springfield but adventure in your neighborhood.