Newbie About to Buy a '66 F100

A place for new members to introduce themselves

Moderator: FORDification

Keoneeli1

Newbie About to Buy a '66 F100

Post by Keoneeli1 »

Hey there, fellas!

I was thinking of buying a '88 Foxbody GT Mustang. I clearly thought differently. I kept thinking about what I want for my two boys.

See, I have ALS ( Lou Gehrig's Disease ), and I want to build a couple cars for my boys. Before I got sick, I restored a '69 VW bug for my oldest son. I have a few pictures of me and my oldest son, when the bug was finished, he was about 18 months old. He was back there helping me sync up the carbs with me! And now he doesn't want the bug any more. But, he is more interested in the F100. Right now, it has the 300 inline 6! I don't want that for him, ( or me! )

I do have a 5.0L 302, ported with a 75mm throttle body. But, I have no idea how to put it into the '66 F100?

I am wondering what is the easiest way to install the 5.0 302. I really don't want to put the front clip of a Crown Victoria in!

Is there an engine cradle that I can put in?

Any help would be very grateful!

Thanks again!

BTW, I looked around the site, FAQ's, and there wasn't much. I started to look in the archives, too F'n many!

I am going to do axle flip and the C channel cut. Does anyone remember the size of plumbing pipe I should be using? I think it was 4 ", but I don't remember the wall thickness! Any ideas?

David Cawdrey
Lone Ranger
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: Newbie About to Buy a '66 F100

Post by Lone Ranger »

Welcome this site is mainly 67-72 trucks so some of the info might not work with your truck. I bet yours isn't that different than ours so you still might find good stuff. I'm running the straight 6 300 in mine and runs like a dream. Doesn't sound aggressive but very torquie. I would think swapping engine mounts would be the easiest way to swap your motor. LMC or Dennis Carpenter would have them. Not sure if you would need an adapter plate for your trans. I'm sure others on here will chime in too tho. Good luck!
1972 f100 4x4 4 inch lift with dump box kit-sold
1969 f250 4x4 highboy in progress.
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=85251
Kyle