A/C Compressor bracket for FE - New Design

Private parties only. No eBay/Craigslist listings.

Moderator: FORDification

Gray035

Re: A/C Compressor bracket for FE - New Design

Postby Gray035 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:39 pm

Are the service ports on the compressor accessible with the bracket in use? Or did you use hoses with ports in them elsewhere?
1968 F-250 Camper Special

tylerb43
Preferred User
Preferred User

Postby tylerb43 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:28 am

Gray035 wrote:Are the service ports on the compressor accessible with the bracket in use? Or did you use hoses with ports in them elsewhere?

There are only 2 ports on the compressor, high side and low side. (input and output) The high side and low side taps are located in the hose fittings. If you wanted the taps on the compressor fittings, yes, they would still be accessible with with bracket installed. Mine are at the condenser and the firewall fitting to the evaporator, just to have them a little more out of sight.

The oil fill plug on the compressor is also accessible, located at approx the 1-2 o'clock position. (needs to be above 3 o'clock per the Sanden service manual.

Thanks for the question! :thup:

Gray035

Postby Gray035 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:49 pm

tylerb43 wrote:
Gray035 wrote:Are the service ports on the compressor accessible with the bracket in use? Or did you use hoses with ports in them elsewhere?

There are only 2 ports on the compressor, high side and low side. (input and output) The high side and low side taps are located in the hose fittings. If you wanted the taps on the compressor fittings, yes, they would still be accessible with with bracket installed. Mine are at the condenser and the firewall fitting to the evaporator, just to have them a little more out of sight.

The oil fill plug on the compressor is also accessible, located at approx the 1-2 o'clock position. (needs to be above 3 o'clock per the Sanden service manual.

Thanks for the question! :thup:

I'm confused (and maybe it's my ignorance regarding servicing an AC system). Are you saying that I need to have service ports in BOTH the hose lines AND at the compressor? For some reason I thought only one set was necessary (a port anywhere on the high pressure side and a port anywhere on the low pressure side). I guess my ultimate question (since I am putting hoses together myself) is do I need to get a couple fittings with service ports? Or is that optional?

Thanks!
1968 F-250 Camper Special

winr

Postby winr » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:46 pm

Hey Tyler .... sent ya PM on one of the AC brackets .... Ricky.
All your Ford are belong to us

Return to “Parts for Sale/Trade”