Free Hood & Tailgate - N GA Mountains

Private parties only. No eBay/Craigslist listings.

Moderator: FORDification

MAK
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Free Hood & Tailgate - N GA Mountains

Post by MAK »

I have a hood from a 67 and a tailgate, free for anyone who wants to pickup.
I was going to use both but decided to cut, patch and weld the original hood even though this one was in much better shape, and used a different tailgate.
Tailgate has no rust but has a few dents across the top edge. Very fixable. Latch and hardware have been removed.
The hood was in very good shape. Had a bit of rust on one side of the front lip which I had welded. Entire top had been taken down to bare metal and then epoxied. It fell over last week and now has a nice dent on the front passenger edge :cry: Still very repairable.
Anyway, I’m in the middle of a move and have more stuff than space. The hood had been leaning against a trailer outside and fell over... I don’t have time to try and send these anywhere but would love to give them to someone nearby who could put them to use. Thought I would see if anyone can use them before I have to scrap them.
I’m up near Blue Ridge and Blairsville. PM me if interested and I can tell you the details of condition and get some pics.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Free Hood & Tailgate - N GA Mountains

Post by basketcase0302 »

Dang...
I used to take care of the exterior lighting for the Kangaroo food store there in Gainesville.
Wish you were just a little closer and I'd come take them. Am sure someone will make the drive. :thup:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
Tpstang91

Post by Tpstang91 »

I am rebuilding a 69 so I could def use those. How far are you from franklin nc. I live in Asheville but come to franklin for work. I could possibly come over next week some time
MAK
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by MAK »

Looks like Asheville is about 2.5 hours away. If that’s not too far then PM me so I can get you some pics and details. May not be worth the effort.