I've decided to move on from this project now that I've driven it two years and get into something I can use for my business and take long road trips with.
This was a project truck of mine. I've done ALL of the difficult fitting and fabrication. All that's left is replace a few wear-parts (all included) and if you're not into the patina look restore the exterior.
Build thread here:
Rundown of what's installed:
- 2004 Crown Victoria Idependant Front Suspension
- 1998 Mustang GT 4.6 liter fuel injected V8 engine
- 1998 Mustang GT T-45 manual transmission (5spd)
- 1998 Mustang GT ecu, tuned for 91oct and security system delete
- 2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor 3.27 ratio trak-lok 8.8 rear end (posi traction)
- Fleet Pride Driveshaft to mate mustang trans to crown vic rear end
- Air assist rear shocks. fill/service valves mounted in rear bumper near plate.
- 2001 F-150 seats, captains chairs on a bench with fold down center armest console
- Grant steering wheel
- hydroboost brake system
- rear swaybar retrofit
- dual pass brand new aluminum radiator
- Crown Victoria electric fan
- new serp belt
- Cold Air Intake
- Custom exhaust, single exit side dump near passenger rear tire. two glasspacks no cats.
- breaker bar as a shift handle, mounted to a B&M short shift tower
- oil filter relocation kit. easiest oil changes you'll ever do.
- Frame has been stripped and chassis coated
- new floors and cab mounts welded in
- poly cab mount bushings
- began converting to 3-point seatbelts....haven't done Passenger side yet
- Mustang wiring harness and some of stock F-250 harness, wired so that original truck ignition switch works.
- Lifetime warranty in-line fuel pump
- all new brake lines, copper-nickel. will never rust.
- all new fuel line, ran in new plastic. will never rust.
- rear diff was flushed and has brand new fluid with friction modifier in it
- Brand new clutch cable
- needs some weatherstripping replaced. I bought it and it's included
- needs all the MOOG front end parts I bought installed
- needs rear tires
- no e-brake, was planning to eventually put in a line-lock
- needs the hardlines on the steering rack replaced, one leaks and draws air into the system so lock-to-lock on turning makes growling noises
- no radio
- wiper squirts don't work. haven't looked into it. it's two wires to a mini pump, so either wire broke or pump failed or fuse blew
- The gas gauge works sometimes.
- The speedo isn't working, but the changable plastic gear on the end is broken. I ordered a new one, should be here any day.
- unknown mileage on engine and trans/clutch.
- trans crossmember is currently a hard-mount, I bought a rubber mount for it that will need installed. I will do this for the buyer if they remove the crossmember and bring it to me after purchase.
- driver side mirror glass is busted, I have that mirror removed currently so it can be taken to a glass shop for replacement.
- needs defroster duct tubes replaced. I have them and they're included
- It needs the driver window mechanism swapped. Have good one, included
- have all new trim clips, as well as the pieces missing in pics. included but need install
basically, I built the truck to haul vintage bikes for my shop, but my trips have gotten to be less local and I need something I can take on the highway for some serious 12+hr drives. It runs, drives, and stops. it needs a lot of the creature comforts addressed and some simple stuff attended to. It was a dream build of mine that I can cross off my bucket list, but I had my fun and I need something less hot-rodded for truck duty.
truck weighs 3380lbs, makes about 200hp. it's fun and people ask about it all the time.
I would ONLY consider trades for extended cab longbed trucks that are capable of serious road trips.
Otherwise, I'm asking $6000 or best offer.
I'm located in Buffalo, NY 14225. I cannot deliver.
Since I've had problems with PM notifications here, best bet is email me at email@example.com or shoot me a call/text at 716 472 8670
Private parties only. No eBay/Craigslist listings.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users