A/C solenoid & bracket / Gas filler neck

Moderator: FORDification

Steelhorse

A/C solenoid & bracket / Gas filler neck

Post by Steelhorse »

Hi,

Right now I'm looking for two things for my '69:

1. A good gas filler neck. Mine is buggered up enough that I can't get a good seal on the gas cap, so I'm looking for one that is nice and round and flush where it mates with the gas cap (this is for an in-cab tank configuration).

2. My truck has factory A/C, but I need the bracket and solenoid assembly that mounts on the carb that kicks up the idle when the A/C compressor comes on.

Thanks,
David
1969 F-100 Custom Cab Short Bed
New Port Richey, FL
Mach428
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: A/C solenoid & bracket / Gas filler neck

Post by Mach428 »

Google Idle Stop Solenoid. They are all over Ebay

Same with the gas filler neck
Steelhorse

Post by Steelhorse »

I no longer need the gas filler neck; I received & installed one from LMC truck.

Are you saying the idle stop solenoid can be used in place of the A/C idle solenoid? They are different solenoids, and mounted in different places.
New Port Richey, FL
Mach428
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Mach428 »

The intent of the electric solenoid is to advance the RPM when the AC compressor is engaged. That said, look for one that will mount to your carburetor in a position for that purpose and connect it to the 12v source for compressor clutch
Steelhorse

Post by Steelhorse »

Yep, that's exactly what I'm looking for. That bracket/solenoid were installed only on carbs when there was A/C installed. All the brackets I've been seeing so far are for aftermarket carbs, and I have a Ford 2100 carb...which I believe used a bracket with a one-hole attachment. Since the weather has been mild here in Florida, I've enjoyed driving around with the windows down & the arm hanging out, but hot weather is just around the corner now...so if anyone has an old ford carb with one of these that they don't need, I'd be happy to buy it!

I know that a bracket could be fabricated, and I've sure there's other solenoids that would work, but I'm not trying to re-invent the wheel here... :-)
New Port Richey, FL
59yblockf100

Post by 59yblockf100 »

will check i have a parts truck thats a 70 with ac v8