68-72 doors wanted - rust free?

Moderator: FORDification

gaertner_jan

68-72 doors wanted - rust free?

Post by gaertner_jan »

Hey guys,

I'm in need of a pair of doors for our 68 Explorer. The body shop put on new skins and totally botched it up =(
The curve of the door skin has gone concave instead of convex and it looks terrible. Granted the replacement skins probably weren't the best to begin with but I want the doors to look right if we're going to the trouble of a full frame off resto.

Soooooo... who has a pair of rust free doors for me? I'll need em shipped or freighted to somewhere within the Continental US. Not sure where to just yet but it'll either be close to Dallas TX, Sarasota FL or possibly Allentown, PA (depends on who they'll hitch a ride over the pond with....)

thanks!

P.S. oh and also still looking for stock styleside bumper brackets...
wallin_68

Re: 68-72 doors wanted - rust free?

Post by wallin_68 »

I have a pair of rust free doors from a 67...I'm not much of a Ford guy so I'm not sure if these will work for you or not.
I'm in central Nebraska so Texas would be closest. also, I can take the glass out and mirrors off so they will transport easier.
let me know if you're interested
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
67mann
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 67mann »

gaertner_jan wrote:Hey guys,

I'm in need of a pair of doors for our 68 Explorer. The body shop put on new skins and totally botched it up =(
The curve of the door skin has gone concave instead of convex and it looks terrible. Granted the replacement skins

Went through the same with my doors same exact results :cuss: but, anyhow... If you two strike a deal, look into greyhound for shipping(you may have to strip doors clean)across the states. Pennies on the dollar compared to freight :thup: The set I bought were shipped from WA to NY for a little over a 100$
I've had enough and I'm not alone
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii304/67mann/
gaertner_jan

Post by gaertner_jan »

Hey wallin,

thanks for the reply and the offer! The 67 doors do physically fit but the internals are not the same as 68-72. At the moment I'm not sure what to do. The body shop is currently trying to fix the problem so I'm holding off buying anything until they declare it "kaputt" for good...

I'll be in touch if they cant fix it!

thanks, Jan

And i'll have to look into greyhound shipping... I need an engine block or two...
gaertner_jan

Post by gaertner_jan »

Hey guys,

Fraid I have to resurrect this thread. Final result from the body shop is no Bueno. So, I need a pair of doors. Does anybody happen to have a pair from a 68-72 F100/250?
Wallin's 67 doors would fit the bill if they weren't 67s! =(

many thanks! J
Busboy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Busboy »

wallin_68 wrote:I have a pair of rust free doors from a 67...I'm not much of a Ford guy so I'm not sure if these will work for you or not.
I'm in central Nebraska so Texas would be closest. also, I can take the glass out and mirrors off so they will transport easier.
let me know if you're interested
What do you want for the doors?
1967 F-100 4x4 custom cab.
Another 67 F-100 4x4 custom cab.
2016 F-150 Eco-Boost 2.7 liter. (It will smoke the tires!)
1972 F-350 Sport Custom cab & chassis.
1972 F-250 Explorer Special, Camper Special.
1971 F-100 custom. 302, C-4, p.s. p.b. factory 65 amp alternator with transistorized voltage regulator.