Harbor freight tools

Discuss your workshop and related equipment

Moderator: FORDification

ssgtos

Re: Harbor freight tools

Postby ssgtos » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:16 pm

Have been using Harbor Freight tools for over 30 years. Started with there socket sets. Will buy their hand tools (wrenches, sockets, pliers, screwdrivers) all day long. Also have had good luck with their power tools. Have a 3/8" corded drill since 2002, used it all the time. Had it stored in a laundry room where I had a leak. The drill was in a plastic tote that filled with water. The drill sat in the water for over two weeks when I found it. Hung the drill up and let it dry for a couple of weeks, plugged it in and it still works. If fact I'm still using it to this day.

Have been using a 4 1/2" angle grinder from Harbor Freight for many years. With the price of Harbor Freight tools, I'm not afraid to use and abuse these tools. The drill and angle grinders have been holding up to the use that I put them through.

I would not buy any tools that require precision, ie Miter saw, lathe, table saw. Finial thing.... Harbor Freight tools are great for those one use jobs. If I'm going to need that same tool over and over again, I'm going with a name brand.

Bill Ramsey

Re: Harbor freight tools

Postby Bill Ramsey » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:08 pm

I have an air powered needle scaler. That thing chews through rust and paint like no tomorrow. The large coil spring broke an entire coil off. Put it back together without the small piece and still works. I've used it on tractor wheels, truck frames, trailers, floorboards etc.

Return to “Garage/Workshop & Tools”