Show off your shop! (Contains large photos)

Discuss your workshop and related equipment

Moderator: FORDification

bumpside

Re: Show off your shop! (Contains large photos)

Post by bumpside »

Pictures of my Bumpshop :D It's not always this clean, like right now, but it is always there to work in. Other than tools, my best investment has been a 35,000 btu propane torpedo heater for $99.00 bucks. What a difference a little heat makes. :hd: :hd:
http://picasaweb.google.com/terryhege/MyGarage#
1972 SWB Ranger XLT
`We'll hold the distinction of being the only Nation in the history of the world that ever went to the poor house in an automobile.' (Will Rogers)
F100builder
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by F100builder »

The 2 car garage at my 1st house (see the pink flamingos?):
My current 3 car when we first moved in and nowhere near this clean now!!! I like robroy's style! :lol:
The work bench (it's under there somewhere!) and all important TV and fridge:
Now, it's a crazy mess (soon to be cleaned and organized once again!) which is why I had to build the bump outside! :lol:
Last edited by F100builder on Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patrick

ImageImageImageImage
'56 F100; Must.II IFS, 351W bored & stroked to 395c.i. 470hp/483ft-lbs., AOD, 4-link coilover 9" w/ 3.89's
'69 F100; 390, C6, Dana 60 w/ 4.10's
'70 F100; 'new' and latest project soon to have a built 390/C6 and 3.50 gears
To see more of my F100's: http://www.cardomain.com/id/lowfat56
19674x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by 19674x4 »

Current shop state after 14 inches of WET HEAVY pnw snow........very sad day..

My Photo Album
2012 Cummins-the luxury Tow Pig
1967 F-250 highboy 352, np435(((((((sold))))))))) My first true love
1968 F100 SWB. 360, np-435, flatbed, currently acting as a hornest nest and bee hive.
1971 F-100 4x4 Step-side. 360, np-435, 70k origional miles- needs allot of love.
robroy
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by robroy »

F100builder wrote: I like robroy's style! :lol:
Thanks!!! But your style in the photos looks a lot better for actually getting anything done. :)

-Robroy
Last edited by robroy on Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F100builder
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by F100builder »

19674x4 wrote:Current shop state after 14 inches of WET HEAVY pnw snow........very sad day..
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: That's not good on Datsuns...or anything else for that matter! I hope you're coming out of it OK!
Patrick

ImageImageImageImage
'56 F100; Must.II IFS, 351W bored & stroked to 395c.i. 470hp/483ft-lbs., AOD, 4-link coilover 9" w/ 3.89's
'69 F100; 390, C6, Dana 60 w/ 4.10's
'70 F100; 'new' and latest project soon to have a built 390/C6 and 3.50 gears
To see more of my F100's: http://www.cardomain.com/id/lowfat56
19674x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by 19674x4 »

thankfully it missed the 66 porsche. i would have been very sad had it hit the porsche. all it did was push some tires into the doors but ti didnt do anything
My Photo Album
2012 Cummins-the luxury Tow Pig
1967 F-250 highboy 352, np435(((((((sold))))))))) My first true love
1968 F100 SWB. 360, np-435, flatbed, currently acting as a hornest nest and bee hive.
1971 F-100 4x4 Step-side. 360, np-435, 70k origional miles- needs allot of love.
papabug71
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by papabug71 »

19674x4 wrote:thankfully it missed the 66 porsche. i would have been very sad had it hit the porsche. all it did was push some tires into the doors but ti didnt do anything

Man, that sucks. Hope you get another one put up soon.

Too bad about the king cab. They are good little trucks. Looks like the datsun took the brunt of it for the porsche.
Matt
1971 F-100 Sport Custom - My grandpaws truck
Been in the family since 10/3/'71 (Brand spankin' new)
Mine since 5/7/'94
302 / 3 speed / 3:25's
--Currently undergoing full frame off resto/mod--
Ranchero50

My Crib

Post by Ranchero50 »

Wow, that really sucks that it would collapse. At least the Datsun sacrificed itself for the Porsche. I never was a big fan of that style building...

Here's some pics of my little 24 x 28 man cave. Looks something like Robroy's setup :doh: Gawd what a mess.

Back right corner behind the mill is the chainsaw museum. Big old ones up in the top right are a '53 Lombard and a '55 Diston. the rest are Homelites and Stihls with one Echo. Just about all of them run. I just move everything off the table to work on them. The hydraulic press to the left doesn't work, but does a good job of holding junk... The blower is from a Buick. The grill is one of many '68 Fairlane grills I have stashed around.

Second shot is more junk, actually the right front of the shop. Mill is to the left. Shelving in the back is a bunch of Equipto shelves mounted to 2x12's. Paint and junk, painting junk, powdercoating stuff are all on the left, right side is full of tractor parts waiting for me to reassemble my To35. Here are two of my three drill presses diligently holding things off the ground. The welders are hiding behind the junk cart. The Rotophase controller is on the wall. There's a prts washer to the left of that.

The mill... taking up the rest of the bay. The table is in front of it, naturally full of mill stuff although there is a little Atlas lathe at the far end.

The back wall, with some more junk hanging from the peg board. Grinders and stuff are in the cubbys next to the toolbox and little rolling table. One of the hose reals are hanging there, fishing rods are hanging from the rafters, the header panel was drilled for pins and holds a bunch of old emblems (up by the flags)

Don't ask, more junk. Let's see, about 30 ford processors, saws, '68-69 styled steel hub caps, junk, really dirty model cars, X wing fighter I need to put together with the oldest. Sears neon clock I wanted to put a better picuture in sometime. More junk. S code 390 with OEM Shelby valve covers on the floor next to the fridge, which is next to the 9.9 merc outboard on the table under the bench.

Left front, more junk, nuts and bolt under the bench, tons of little parts above the bench, miter saw for chopping kindling (makes a mess out of the bench and get wood dust in with the nuts and bolts) Buffer for the aluminum stuff, Buffalo bench drill press and another bench grinder on the front wall.

Some day I'll take pictures of the lower 18x36 shed where the rest of the stuff is. Once a month I go through the garage and clean out the junk and it still looks trashed. Incredible.

Jamie
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
71 LONG BED
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 71 LONG BED »

Hey Jamie, I bet you know where everything is in that garage, too!! I'm not even kidding. My wife is always surprised I know where to find stuff in mine. :D
John Member #1549
71 F100 Sport Custom__________1967 F350 Gone, but not forgotten
Image Image Image
marxtoys

Post by marxtoys »

:D
"Knowledge is Good." Emil Faber
robroy
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by robroy »

'Morning! What's the history of that warning sign? -Robroy
marxtoys

Post by marxtoys »

robroy wrote:'Morning! What's the history of that warning sign? -Robroy
Millions of years ago, deposits of iron ore were formed under the surface of the planet.

This ore was later mined, smelted, and refined into steel.

The steel was then rolled into sheet form, punched out in large rectangles and painted.

The new sign and it's brothers were scattered around the countryside, never to be reunited.

It was hung on a fence next to a ditch, where it amused a few people who happened to be literate in English and/or Spanish.

It was later determined that the fence was not high enough, nor the sign shiny enough, and the old fence and sign were torn down and thrown on the ground in a pile.

A tall new fence and a shiny new reflective sign were placed by the ditch while the old sign lay neglected in the dirt.

It was rescued from the pile by a kindly soul, and some of the dirt removed.

Before my last move, it was in the garage - on the door leading to the [censored].

:wink:
"Knowledge is Good." Emil Faber
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

Yeah, usually they are on high voltage substations...
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
robroy
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by robroy »

Marxtoys, thanks for the explanation on the history of that sign. I have a much deeper understanding of that now, and feel like I ever understand other signs more deeply too. Driving around town is a whole new experience now--thank you. :wink:

Jamie, thanks for covering the other angle of the meaning of the sign.

-Robroy
Salty

Post by Salty »

I'm working on mine right now (one of the reasons I bought the truck). It's a converted 1920's carriage house roughly the size of a two car garage. Previous owners have installed sheet rock and poured a concrete floor. I painted the walls and replaced the barn door with a roll up garage door. I loved the barn door, but most cars couldn't fit through it. Anyway, I still need to install overhead lights, shelving, and a work bench. A sink and 220v would be nice, but thats more of a "stage 2" thing for down the road. Heating and cooling isn't really an issue as it is pretty much 50-70 year round here. I've got a big shed as well so that'll help prevent the garage from getting clogged up with Christmas decorations and lawn tools. Hopefully in 6 months or so I'll have something decent to post.

This is about as good as it gets for me though. My last house had a narrow one car garage that worked alright as long as you didn't have to take the wheels off. Before that though it was all apartment parking lots, driveways, and in the street. So I definitely know what some of you guys are going through.
-Salty
http://saltywayz.com
1969 F100, 2WD long bed, 360ci w/ three on the tree