Dans ford trucks

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

DGrant09

Re: Dans ford trucks

Post by DGrant09 »

:yt:

I have bought several items from him and would again.. He has always been a pleasure to deal with..

But I have to agree on some of the pricing, lately it's been a bit high..
09", F350, Cabelas, 6.4L
72", F250, CS, 390, 2 WD
390bump
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 390bump »

I just received a power steering kit I bought from Dan's. Bought 3/24 and got today 4/27... very late... the worst is a bunch of parts are missing!!!!!!!! emailed just now and waiting for his response.
Tim P.
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Tim P. »

390bump wrote:I just received a power steering kit I bought from Dan's. Bought 3/24 and got today 4/27... very late... the worst is a bunch of parts are missing!!!!!!!! emailed just now and waiting for his response.
I believe he'll make it right for ya.
Ford Is The Mountain That The Rock fell Off Of.

72 F-250 Camper Special 390 Stroker 419 CID 420 HP Natural Asp 200 HP NOS C-6 Dana 60 4.10
96 F-150 XLT 4X4 5.8 Heavy Duty 4EOD
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

what is missing anyway?
390bump
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 390bump »

crank pulley, belt, hoses, fluid, screws... he emailed back and said those would be sent in another package. He could of emailed that info ahead of time. The real issue here is that he sold the kit but didn't have it ready. The steering box was out getting rebuilt (he says) and was late getting it back. So he sold something he did not have available and has been sitting on my $850 for a month... I sell on Ebay myself and would never do that. I ship next day - maybe that is why I have 100% positive feedback. I emailed back asking him what feedback I should leave him - no response back...
390bump
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 390bump »

second package had mostly wrong parts - a third package is on its way with replacements...
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

i feel for you.
five0racer

Post by five0racer »

I am posting this information for others to beware of Dan's Ford Trucks. I am sure some of you have had good experiences with him, but I did not. I purchased 2 radius arms for my 1970 F100 off of his ebay store. I emailed him 3 days later to see when they would ship because my truck was out of commission without them. He replied "They will be shipping at the end of the week. I apologize for the delay. I am out of town on a job longer than I had anticipated. Sorry, Dan", which sucked but I didn't have much of a choice. Weeks went by and no radius arms were shipped. I reached out to them several times through ebay, emails, and then through PayPal disputes. I got responses like "I will get this taken care of and get a refund sent to you. Thanks, Dan" and "I am sorry. I thought that had been done. I will get it taken care of. Dan". So as of right now my dispute window expired with PayPal because I held out hope that I would receive the radius arms or a refund based on his email responses (stupid me). I have sent a couple more emails and now I am not getting responses, probably because he knows that I can't open a dispute twice with PayPal. The goal of this posting is for Dan to see this and man up, and for fair warning to others looking to buy parts from Dan. If you do not receive you parts in a timely manner, don't wait and don't hesitate to open a dispute and make sure it gets settled. Almost $200 down the drain. I hope Dan is proud.
1970 F100 390 2wd, DJM ibeams and shackles, 670 Truck Avenger
390bump
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 390bump »

Dan is a disaster! My advice is stay far far away !!!!! BTW I would call him on his phone: 360 608 7835. Just keep calling non stop till he picks up.
five0racer

Post by five0racer »

Thank you. I sent him an email with the link to this post and asked for a refund again. Hopefully I won't have to call. If anyone needs his email addresses let me know.
1970 F100 390 2wd, DJM ibeams and shackles, 670 Truck Avenger
390bump
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 390bump »

I would call him. If he doesn't pick up leave messages. That is your best bet to get your parts.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

thats internet fraud. which is handled by the fcc. you can file a report with htem. i chose to call in my report. but i think you may be able to use the internet to make the report. www.fcc.gov .
BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by BobbyFord »

If you would have opened a dispute with PayPal in the alloted time then PayPal would have shut down the account that he has linked to Ebay until the dispute is resolved.
jth1978

Post by jth1978 »

Seems expensive too
1967fordtruck

Post by 1967fordtruck »

Hey guys, I wouldn't order nothing from Dan and I caution you if you do, I order two truck doors from him he promised me rust free and workable doors it took over a month for him to ship them to me after he said the first ones he shipped got lost hmmm then when I finally recieved them they where junk rusted out in the corners and get this there where 18 mirror holes in the right door and 15 in the left door he will not answer his phone or emails or return any of my messages Im out $520.00 paypal said send them back which would cost me 300.00 in shipping not going to happen. I just thought I would let you guys know how he did me. Its funny the first night I order them he answered his phone & emails after he got his money he fell off the face of the earth stay away from ordering from him your next purchase might be like mine.