Anyone have any experience with them?
The_Eman

re: Carburetors and more- La Porte, Texas

Post by The_Eman »

no but I had a good experience with Pony Carburetors in Las Cruces NM
john demey

Re: Carburetors and more- La Porte, Texas

Post by john demey »

i bought a holley 650 from them,it was supposed to have been rebuilt.i doubt it was rebuilt,given that fact that the floats werent set correctly,the needle valve was sticking,causing the carb to flood the engine,and after it was flooded it was leaking gas from around the throttle shaft,because the bore in the bottom plate was worn out of tolerance.also,the electric choke didnt work at all.when i called to ask for help,i was told the problem was caused by something "i/we" did to it,and for them to check it out there would be a fee of $50.my mechanic knows carbed engines,and has rebuilt carbs for me in the past,carbs from dirt bikes to v8's.for "carbs and more" to accuse me and my mechanic of causing the problem was way out of line,after all,what problems can be caused by installing a carb? seems to me "carbs and more" practice some shady tactics,claiming each carb is run on an engine after being bench tested,if they are really bench tested they would have known immediately the floats were out of adjustment.and if it was tested on a running engine the electric choke would have been replaced before being sent to me.we were truly disappointed in their product.i will never buy from them again,my mechanic has since rebuilt the carb i bought from them,and it sits on the shelf in my garage.my advice to anyone reading this,"stay away from carbs and more in la porte texas!!"