LMC Truck Reviews.

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

SomersMerc

LMC Truck Reviews.

Post by SomersMerc »

Yesterday I ordered some parts from LMC Truck. It is my first order and now it is a matter of waiting for them to call me back with 3 different shipping quotes. I can cancel the order if shipping will be to much. So far my experience has been easy and straight forward. They did however only have 1-3 point seat belt in red so if I wanted to wait for the other one it would mean my entire order would be put on hold for 4 more weeks. I decided to get what they had in stock along with the rest of my order and in the future order the other 3 pt seat belt for the passenger side.
I was wondering if any of you have delt with LMC Truck and if so what are your reviews? Also, is there another comparable place like LMC truck that I can order a free cateloge?

Thank you.
Dave
jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: LMC Truck Reviews.

Post by jimmy828 »

i like using NPD (National Parts Depot.com) Been satisfied with them so far. Dennis Darpenter.com also. Parts may cost a little more from them two vendors but worth it. Have also bought from LMC and had no problems
davbell22602
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by davbell22602 »

I havent bought from any of the 3 listed above or truckandcarshop.com but will soon.
Mancar1
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!
Location: USS Gramps Garage (DD-727) Tehama County, Northern Ca.

Post by Mancar1 »

I have bought from LMC as well as Dennis Carpenter. No problems.
May your sails stay full, and your knots not slip. Unless a slip knot.
Once I thought I was wrong, but I was wrong.
Life is a banquet, and every days a feast.
68 F-250 CS 390 C-6 P/S A/C front disc. 2nd owner.
2016 GMC Terrain Denali 301 HP V-6 AWD.
2009 Silverado Crew Cab, V-8, 4X4.
DD-727
DD-806
AE-35
LSD-39
AS-41
AR-8
HIO Silver
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by HIO Silver »

LMC is hit and miss. I mean, I've ordered parts and my order was filled..... but a couple of shipments had duplicates and a few extra parts I didn't even order - among other things, extra body gaskets, push clips, an extra tail light lense, and an extra brake pedal pad. Weird.

NPD and Summit Racing are spot-on.
70 F100 LB 2WD, 360FE, E-Street EFI, TKO-500, 76K original miles.. follow my rebuild: The Lo-Buck Bumpside
71 F250 LB, 2WD, 360FE, T18, PS, PB, D60 with 4.11s
73 F100 SB 4WD, 390FE, NP435, +4 on 35s

01 Ferrari 360 Spider F1
01 F150 SuperCrew Lariat 4WD
01 PT Cruiser Limited (DD)
68 Mustang
65 Mustang
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

I was gonna' suggest putting a review in the "Vendor feedback" where everyone would see it and then I found this locked thread: :eek:
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 15&t=39033
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
SomersMerc

Post by SomersMerc »

Thank's for the info guys. I just read all the reviews under the 'Vender Reviews" section sent to me. I guess I am happy that I just ordered a few basic items totalling just over $300. Steering wheel cover, truck cover, emblem inserts, seat belt, license plate light(bumper insert) etc. I will definitly look at NPD for anything that might be required if I have any problems with this order. Who knows, if the shipping quote comes back to high then I still have the option to cancel it.

Thanks again for all your input.

Dave
davbell22602
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by davbell22602 »

I heard LMC has junk metal parts as in sheet metal, hoods, tailgates, fenders, etc cheap in nothing close to OEM.
91Bear
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by 91Bear »

No offense, but let's not post "I heard" comments because it's just hearsay.

I have ordered a lot of stuff from LMC, most of it good. The door plungers for the dome light did not work because they stuck out too far and would not allow the door to close.
davbell22602
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by davbell22602 »

91Bear wrote:No offense, but let's not post "I heard" comments because it's just hearsay.

I have ordered a lot of stuff from LMC, most of it good. The door plungers for the dome light did not work because they stuck out too far and would not allow the door to close.
Its the truth man. Thats why I wont metal parts from LMC because of the complaints I read of other sites about the quality. Same with jcwhitney also.
FLHRC

Post by FLHRC »

I just noticed my year old chrome mirrors from LMC are starting to pit and rust, I guess the Chinese had a bad day at the plating shop.
'72 F100 / 351w, C-6
'74 F100 / 351w, FMX
'04 Roadking Classic
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

tom at flashback f100s is a member here and has the best quality parts and best shipping rates. why not use him?
wanting to buy a mercury tailgate!
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
mrollings53
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by mrollings53 »

91Bear wrote:No offense, but let's not post "I heard" comments because it's just hearsay.

I ordered one to replace the driver side plunger. Installed it and pushed the plunger by hand to verify that it worked. Closed the door and the plunger just shattered. Figured out what was wrong with the original and used the wiring from the TSS I had just replaced to fix it.
Common Sense is an Uncommon Virtue
davbell22602
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by davbell22602 »

ezernut9mm wrote:tom at flashback f100s is a member here and has the best quality parts and best shipping rates. why not use him?
Whats his website?
SomersMerc

Post by SomersMerc »

OK.
I just got the shipping quotes for my $313 order.
Feb Ex: Over $200+
USPS: $128. plus any duties, taxes and other fees on top of this.
UPS: $146. all taxes, brokerage fees included.

OUCH!!!!!

I need the stuff and just bit the bullet as I do not plan on ordering anything for awhile now. Even if I do I might just have it shipped to Montana Shipping Company and pick it up from there.