What is going on with LMC

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

usmcjones1988

What is going on with LMC

Post by usmcjones1988 »

I was wondering if it is just me or does LMC have no idea what they are doing? Out of the 4 times I have ordered from them 2 of them have been messed up. The first time I ordered new turn signal lens and they sent me 2 left ones, and they ended up sending me one right one but I still have to wait for them to get it out to me, and Im not a very patient person I feel like they should have sent me the right part the first time. And this time I ordered a differential master kit and there was a couple of parts missing from it and it didnt come with a packing slip so Im not even sure what all is missing form it, I know it doesnt even have the housing gasket. I called and no one there even knows whats all supposed to go with. I am wrong in feeling pissed off? Does anyone know of any other good place to buy old ford parts? I have a feeling that this is the last time I order from them. Does anyone else have this problem with them?
Swegner99
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: What is going on with LMC

Post by Swegner99 »

I have never had an issue with placing orders thru them. I agree with you though, feels like they should have atleast paid for overnight or two day shipping since it was their screw up in the first place.
1972 F250 Custom LWB
1999 F150 Ext Cab
2001 E350 15 Passenger Van
usmcjones1988

Post by usmcjones1988 »

that is what I am going to ask for when every they figure out getting all the stuff i am missing this time.
basshound71
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by basshound71 »

I just placed one right after christmas with Mac's. It ended up being totally screwed up. If anybody needs any chrome door locks let me know, only needed 2 but got like 10.
1971 Ford F100
2007 Chevy Avalanche
usmcjones1988

Post by usmcjones1988 »

now the question is did you pay for all 10 or did you get them for the price of 2?
Phil105

Post by Phil105 »

If you check around - you'll find most EVERYONE has had problems with LMC. I'd suggest you use Dennis Carpenter, National Parts Depot or Mac's.
I did a complete restoration on my truck a year ago. Ordered from LMC ONCE - that was enough for me. I prefer National Parts Depot as they have a GREAT ON LINE CATALOG, prices are reasonable and shipping/customer service is excellent.
Better Get Into A Ford Son!
fomocoguy
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fomocoguy »

:yt: I've had good luck with NPD. When I ordered from LMC about half the parts were junk.
Joe

1971 F100 flareside 8ft
1964 Chrysler New Yorker Town and Country wagon
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 cummins
2005 Ford Ranger
woods
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by woods »

The only real "problem" I have had with lmc is that some of their stuff is a bit of a wacky fit. I have yet to find a molded rubber floormat that fit's my truck properly. I mean, like WAY off.
Phil105

Post by Phil105 »

woods wrote:The only real "problem" I have had with lmc is that some of their stuff is a bit of a wacky fit. I have yet to find a molded rubber floormat that fit's my truck properly. I mean, like WAY off.
I ordered one from MelvinsClassicFordParts.com in Conyers, GA. Got the full cab rubber mat - goes all the way under the seat - fits great in my opinion. Forms nicely to trans hump and the mat is a good heavy rubber.
woods
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by woods »

I'll have to check them out. The trans hump seems to be the problem. I was under the impression that the four speed,250 4wd hump was the same size as the trucks that came with the C6. So I ordered that one to start with. Then I figured that I must have been wrong, so I odered the one for the smaller hump, still did not fit. So I have been looking around to see if I can find a one that does.
Tpdaniels

Post by Tpdaniels »

Phil105 wrote:I ordered one from MelvinsClassicFordParts.com in Conyers, GA. Got the full cab rubber mat - goes all the way under the seat - fits great in my opinion. Forms nicely to trans hump and the mat is a good heavy rubber.
Do you still have the part number for the full rubber mat, I looked on their site and was not sure of the one you got. I'm still not sure if I'm going with carpet or Rubber mat. Is it a one piece unit or two. I have bucket seats so I need full coverage.

Thanks for the info

Tate
I am of an age now that most of life's lessons were learned the hard way;
Life is hard, but it’s harder when you’re stupid.
Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.
Never ask how stupid someone is 'cause they'll turn around and show you.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
If you had the choice “Looks or Brains” take the Brains, Looks will get you thru the first half, but Brains will last a lifetime.
1971fordcustom
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 1971fordcustom »

LMC is a flipN Joke! Rubber parts are pure &%*&^$^% Chrome wont last!

I went with NPD when I did my 71, Never had a prob, Good parts! + most of there stuff is from DC. Every time calld NPD I got over 300$ worth of stuff to get free shipping!
http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb31 ... d%20F-100/

1971 F-100 Explorer Special custom
1971 F-350 Flatbed
1966 Ford Galaxie!
1966 Ford F-250 4x4
1960 Ford F-750 FireTruck
1960 Gmc 6000 FireTruck
1962 IH R-185 Firetruck
1959 Ford Custom 300
1940 Ford Truck
Phil105

Post by Phil105 »

Tpdaniels wrote:
Phil105 wrote:I ordered one from MelvinsClassicFordParts.com in Conyers, GA. Got the full cab rubber mat - goes all the way under the seat - fits great in my opinion. Forms nicely to trans hump and the mat is a good heavy rubber.
Do you still have the part number for the full rubber mat, I looked on their site and was not sure of the one you got. I'm still not sure if I'm going with carpet or Rubber mat. Is it a one piece unit or two. I have bucket seats so I need full coverage.

Thanks for the info

Tate
Give me a day or so and I'll look and see if I have the receipt for it. It is a full one-piece mat that goes back to the gas tank. I think if you call them they can clear it up for you. Pretty sure there is only the one full mat style. If you can't call them, send me a pm - I don't check on this site too often and may be too slow for you. If you send me a pm it'll be a reminder for me.
woods
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by woods »

When he does, post it here. I bet a lot of us could use it.
ericknight

Post by ericknight »

I ordered a 3-speed collar & pin from LMC, the pin was wrong for the collar, it was just a common roll pin. I ordered the plastic spacers for the shift arms in the collar from them, they came in a Dennis Carpenter package.