LMC Shipping charges

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

tylerb43
Preferred User
Preferred User

LMC Shipping charges

Post by tylerb43 »

Okay, rant time - am I missing something here? WTF is up with LMC's shipping charges? I'm trying to order some small parts to rebuild my steering column. All this stuff would fit in a small shoebox and weigh no more than a few pounds. Seriously - look at the shopping cart, it's all small, light stuff. The parts total $101, and they want to charge me $24 for shipping?? WHAT? It'd be one thing if I lived in Canada or Alaska, but I'm west of St. Louis and they're in Lenexa (KC), that's a little more than a 3 hour drive people, 240 miles!! :x

I really like the ease of use of their online catalog, something the other vendors really need to look at improving. (DC) NPD made some improvements recently with their payment processing :thup: But they don't have near the inventory that LMC has. Please someone point me to a new vendor. I'm weeks away from placing some significant orders to finish my project, I'll get what I can from Dennis Carpenter and NPD. I've never ordered anything from MAC's or Flashback, I'll check them out I guess.

But I think I'm done with LMC, at least until they can afford a shipping scale and charge a decent handling fee.

Rant over (drop the mic - thud - walk off)
sopikp1

Re: LMC Shipping charges

Post by sopikp1 »

Could not agree more, I ordered some small clutch parts (snap rings, felt busings, etc.), and a few gaskets - $18.95 to just South of Omaha, which is barely 2.5 hours from KC.
Kevyn
1972 F-250 4x4, 390, Dana 44, 24, 60
FLASH 1

Post by FLASH 1 »

being a vendor shipping is the most topic we go through everday,, cannot say what others do but the past 1 1/2 years we do it this way, every order has to be boxed, weighed measured,, then to UPS.com will tell us every charge going to that zip code which can be delivery surcharge, fuel surcharge, rural surcharge, insurance, extra handling, over size charges and every customer is different and goes by the zip codes and maybe some companies are just now finding out these extra charges since maybe had some person did not care what was being spent on shipping to customer... I cannot say on what LMC Is charging there but some have to look and see where they live , further in the country more Ups will get you
On our invoice has every charge, weight , size of box and can go Ups .com to verify this, it's public knowledge, then we add a handling charge depending on size of box,, this is for time /tape/ label thats has to be printed from the Ups label, ink by printer,, Only thing we get free from Ups is the labels Big Deal,, service charges we get go by how much we do so every day little brown truck comes by ,its 12.00 for little brown truck to pickup , and now to the Boxes,, unlike all these big fancy companies put there names on boxes,
We always have been going to Ford Body shop to get boxes and reuse theres, so it's like going GREEN,,, But thats about 2 hours of time + gas since most every part is a different size
Just one other note US Mail is great for rates but if package is lost, can be up to 45 days before claim starts, as a customer you don't want to listen to that,,,,, anyway our :2cents: and input
Tom, where Ford Trucks Rule
1956 Big Window
1964 F-750 Flat Bed
1965 M-100 Mercury
1966 M-350 Mercury
1966 F350 Wrecker
1972 F-350 Crew Cab
1997 F-450 7.3 with 85,000 original miles
2006 F-150 Crew Cab
2008 F-650 Crew Cab Roll Back 6.7 Cummins
2020 Flat Top Peterbilt Roll Back PX-7 Engine
and 2 cars 1968 XLT and 2017 Mustang
FLASH 1

Post by FLASH 1 »

Oh one more thing and this is by the Govt. tarriffs,, whether it be truck freight, Ups or Fed-Ex whenever you shipping anything in the state known as Intra-state all rates are higher, whenever crossing state line rates go down,, I know we did this I got tired of running our semi coast to coast, so we run our truck for a few months never leaving NC and made more money with the truck, sometimes wanted us to make quick trip into SC and rate was less but never did it
1956 Big Window
1964 F-750 Flat Bed
1965 M-100 Mercury
1966 M-350 Mercury
1966 F350 Wrecker
1972 F-350 Crew Cab
2006 F-150 Crew Cab
69f-100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 69f-100 »

FLASH 1 wrote:being a vendor shipping is the most topic we go through everday,, cannot say what others do but the past 1 1/2 years we do it this way, every order has to be boxed, weighed measured,, then to UPS.com will tell us every charge going to that zip code which can be delivery surcharge, fuel surcharge, rural surcharge, insurance, extra handling, over size charges and every customer is different and goes by the zip codes and maybe some companies are just now finding out these extra charges since maybe had some person did not care what was being spent on shipping to customer... I cannot say on what LMC Is charging there but some have to look and see where they live , further in the country more Ups will get you
On our invoice has every charge, weight , size of box and can go Ups .com to verify this, it's public knowledge, then we add a handling charge depending on size of box,, this is for time /tape/ label thats has to be printed from the Ups label, ink by printer,, Only thing we get free from Ups is the labels Big Deal,, service charges we get go by how much we do so every day little brown truck comes by ,its 12.00 for little brown truck to pickup , and now to the Boxes,, unlike all these big fancy companies put there names on boxes,
We always have been going to Ford Body shop to get boxes and reuse theres, so it's like going GREEN,,, But thats about 2 hours of time + gas since most every part is a different size
Just one other note US Mail is great for rates but if package is lost, can be up to 45 days before claim starts, as a customer you don't want to listen to that,,,,, anyway our :2cents: and input
i can understand that.... but on the other hand when your buying a bunch of small items that would easily fit in a smaller box i dont think the shipping should be increased just because of the amount of the purchase, correct me if i'm wrong on this but i believe lmc charges more shipping as the amount of the order increases vs. the size or weight of the box, as i belive most do unless the item is a oversized item or a truck freight shipped item. i think thier could be a little room for improvent on thier shipping rates if thier going to increase the shipping amount just based on the amount of sale instead of the size and or weight of the box but i completely agree with you with the size and weight of the box and such..
FLASH 1

Post by FLASH 1 »

SMALL Parts with high prices should not be high shipping when say in a small orders,, several years ago we use to like 10% of order but have seen with Ups/Fed-Ex all there hidden charges would burn you or the customer might get well overcharge at those charges, thats why we do it this way so nobody hurt,, unlike the bigger companies thats ships so much daily Ups gives those big comapnies so much discount and incentives we cannot even get close to that and what discount we get goes back to residential pickup for us since we are in the country, delivery pickups service charges where like Summit Racing, D.C. LMC You get the picture basically Ups waives all that for them to pickup since some just come and drop a trailer there ,,
here is what I would have done like when we get something from a vendor if I think it's ? get the label off the box all Ups labels will have the weight, size of box and zip code from sender, hit Ups .com and see what the rate was suppose to be then see how much it really cost to ship sent package, in LMC's case I bet was way off + figure in how much volume they ship so knock off at least 20% dicsount andsee where it ends up,, This pertains to LMC, I say time after time somebody has to pay for LMC Advertising on PRIME TIME Barrett-Jackson Auction on ESPN,, ?? look in the mirror and will see who then get :x

WANTED To also to say is that some companies uses standard size boxes so you might see a lot of filler paper that you the customer is paying for since they are too lazy to cut boxes down, we cut all of our boxes down to save shipping if possible
Last edited by FLASH 1 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
1956 Big Window
1964 F-750 Flat Bed
1965 M-100 Mercury
1966 M-350 Mercury
1966 F350 Wrecker
1972 F-350 Crew Cab
2006 F-150 Crew Cab
69f-100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 69f-100 »

FLASH 1 wrote:SMALL Parts with high prices should not be high shipping when say in a small orders,, several years ago we use to like 10% of order but have seen with Ups/Fed-Ex all there hidden charges would burn you or the customer might get well overcharge at those charges, thats why we do it this way so nobody hurt,, unlike the bigger companies thats ships so much daily Ups gives those big comapnies so much discount and incentives we cannot even get close to that and what discount we get goes back to residential pickup for us since we are in the country, delivery pickups service charges where like Summit Racing, D.C. LMC You get the picture basically Ups waives all that for them to pickup since some just come and drop a trailer there ,,
here is what I would have done like when we get something from a vendor if I think it's ? get the label off the box all Ups labels will have the weight, size of box and zip code from sender, hit Ups .com and see what the rate was suppose to be then see how much it really cost to ship sent package, in LMC's case I bet was way off + figure in how much volume they ship so knock off at least 20% dicsount andsee where it ends up,, I say time after time somebody has to pay for that PRIME TIME Barrett-Jackson Auction on ESPN,, ?? look in the mirror and will see who then get :x
:yt: very good point....
roughneck

Post by roughneck »

my experience with lmc is that they may have lower prices on parts because of the volume that they sell, but after taxes and shipping it was cheaper for us to go to the local dodge dealer and buy the same parts. The company I work for has 4 Dodge 3/4T pick ups and in the oilfield things get tore up. We were getting 2 side view mirrors and a tail light assembly. The parts were about $80 bucks, then tax since were in Kansas, then shipping and the grand total was $130. I've since convinced my boss that for parts like that were going to use the local saalvage yards, and have saved even more money.