MOOG, not thumbs down but be advised.

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

patbird

MOOG, not thumbs down but be advised.

Post by patbird »

Moog suspension parts has made some revision's to their parts so your parts might not look like the ones reflected on their website. MOOG'S "Technical" rep's. just go by the old pictures on their website so don't expect much (if anything), from them. I wouldn't want you to be looking at your brand new MOOG parts and being reluctant to put them on until you talked to MOOG ( who is closed on weekends anyway), of course. If your new part's have heavy-duty and permanant rubber boot's on them, the extra parts shown on their website are probably included and just hidden under the boots... so they won't look like what you are expecting, ( again, based on the old pictures shown on their website).

If you are shorted on hardware parts from MOOG products, don't bother calling them, you better hope that your local parts house (or whoever you bought your part's from), can make up the loss... or you are on your own. MOOG's customer "service" policy is: "take it up with your parts house" .

Your pickup of course will be down until whoever ordered your parts can re-order in the hope that the hardware will be included correctly the next time.

The moral of the story is: Make sure you have all your castle nuts, grease zirks, cotter pin's and rubber boot's before you take your pickups' front end apart ( I missed the rubber boots on my inspection, drag link #DS795) and had to look at my pickup sitting there for day's. If you order tie rod end # ES413R, the rubber spacer and cupped washer that you are expecting are probably under the new boot ( per MOOG Technical rep. Paul), @ 800-325-8886. If you are like me, you won't like seeing your pickup up on jackstand's any longer than you have to.
`just a heads up !
Last edited by patbird on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1972hiboy
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: MOOG suspension parts, A big thumbs down !

Post by 1972hiboy »

Their quality has tanked as well. I dont like purchasing their parts anymore.
Rich
1973 f350 super c/s 460/c6 22k orig miles
1972 f350 srw crewcab special 390
1972 f250 4x4 sport custom 390fe Red
1972 f250 4x4 custom 360 FE " Ranger Ric"
1972 f250 4x4 custom 84k og miles 390
1971 f250 4x4 sport custom 56k og miles. 360
1970 f250 4x4 428 fe hp60 205 d60
Dont eat yellow snow.....