Battery Tender

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

68 Ford Stepside
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Battery Tender

Post by 68 Ford Stepside »

Thought I would try one of those battery tender chargers. The motor home sits up most of the winter with an occasional start. That has to be rough on the house & starter batteries. So far I am impressed. It keeps the batteries at full charge without worrying about overcharging. :) I bought mine through the internet on sale at Sears.
"Have A Great Ford Day"
Broncobilly66

Re: Battery Tender

Post by Broncobilly66 »

They do wonders. I keep one on my 66 bronco. I keep it topless so it doesn't get much use in the winter. It always has a hot battery when I wanna ride :woohoo:
'68 SWB custom cab Bump. Under construction.
'66 bronco
'68 bronco
cowbay
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by cowbay »

Love it. Nice easy starts after letting my pickup or Impala sleep for the winter :D
"If it can't be fixed with a hammer, then it is an electrical problem"

69 Ford F100 Ranger 390 3spd with overdrive
63 Chevy Impala 327 with 4spd. In the family since brand new. Over 280,00 miles
tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by tybob81 »

I really like mine as well. They are cheap insurance for keeping batteries up and at full power.
1968 swb hydroboost, ididit tilt column, Saginaw p/s pump with F series serpentine, all led lights, Vintage Air and painless wiring. 393w, tko600. CV front suspension w/c5 calipers and gt500 rotors. Stock Flexomatic leaf springs with 01 CV 8.8, 3.90 gears and Auburn locker. Custom wood bed floor. Full frame off resto-mod.
tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by tybob81 »

I really like mine as well. They are cheap insurance for keeping batteries up and at full power.
1968 swb hydroboost, ididit tilt column, Saginaw p/s pump with F series serpentine, all led lights, Vintage Air and painless wiring. 393w, tko600. CV front suspension w/c5 calipers and gt500 rotors. Stock Flexomatic leaf springs with 01 CV 8.8, 3.90 gears and Auburn locker. Custom wood bed floor. Full frame off resto-mod.