Ready Rad/Vista Pro/Proliance radiators

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

mnkeeking

Ready Rad/Vista Pro/Proliance radiators

Post by mnkeeking »

Howdy all. Quick update on above mentioned radiators. I bought a Ready Rad radiator, P/N 433480 from Advance Auto Parts online and it was delivered today. On the website they say the 433480 is an all-copper and brass ready fit replacement radiator. I opened the box and got a nasty shock. I got a plastic and aluminum radiator and the quality was shameful. I'll post pictures. I called Advance and they're paying for the thing to be returned and they say they'll credit my account when they get it back. I asked they kid who answered the phone what the deal was and he said all Ready Rad/Vista Pro/Proliance radiators had gone the plastic and aluminum route and they had received more than a few calls like mine to return radiators. I do not believe Advance is the evil-doer here, as they are paying to ship it back, but their website still claims the 433480 is all copper and brass. Be careful when ordering these radiators.

Thanks,
Joe

EDIT 01FEB13: Advance Auto paid for return shipping and refunded my purchase price in a very timely fashion, so although the radiator they sent was bogus, they took care of the problem expeditiously. I would do business with them again. Joe
Last edited by mnkeeking on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'68 F100 Flareside 460/C6
fireguywtc
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Ready Rad/Vista Pro/Proliance radiators

Post by fireguywtc »

Thanks for the report.

Keep an eye out on Rockauto.com. I bought an all copper radiator for my 70 off their site for $150 shipped, it was listed as a closeout item or something along those lines. Smoking deal since I couldn't find anything like it under $350. I believe it was foreign made, but it was cheap and works fanstastic. Everything fit like it was supposed to. Best of luck getting what you need.
Bill
1967 F-250 LWB 2WD 352 V8, 4spd manual, true duals, 122k original miles (currently being restored)
1970 F-250 4x4 highboy ranger 390 V8, 4spd
2012 F-350 PSD FX4 LWB CC lariat, white
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... hp?uid=602
"If you want to judge a person's true character, give them power."