American Eagle radiator from ebay Vendor: radoll007

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

Clunker

American Eagle radiator from ebay Vendor: radoll007

Post by Clunker »

I ordered a new all-aluminum American Eagle radiator on ebay from radoll007 on Monday, and it arrived on schedule today. Cost was $187 including shipping with no sales tax. First inspection revealed that it was constructed from thick aluminum with nice thick welds. Despite being a 2-row core instead of the stock 3-row copper, the cores are actually the same thickness as stock because the tubes are 1" instead of about 1/2" tubes. The tubes are spaced 3/8" apart instead of the stock 9/16", and the fins are more densely packed. The stock copper radiator core dimensions are about 26.5" x 25", and the aluminum one is about 25" x 19".

After installation, I can already tell that the new radiator is much more efficient than the stock one since the engine is now running too cool. Even though the shipping box appeared undamaged, one of the mounting brackets was slightly bent, but the holes lined up perfectly, and the inlet/outlet were in the correct location and the correct size. No leaks. My only complaint is that the manufacturer installed the overflow and clips for the secondary overflow on the wrong side of the radiator. I didn't have longer vinyl tubing to plumb in the reverse direction, so I just mounted the overflow tank on the other side, and all is well.

The vendor was quick to respond to questions (within a couple hours of sending emails), and he seemed knowledgeable about the subject. Overall, this is a well-constructed radiator, made with quality materials, and you will be hard pressed to find another one of this quality at this price. His ebay store has a 100% approval rating, and I intend to also give approval.