Quite possibly the worst bumper ever!

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

My427stang
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Quite possibly the worst bumper ever!

Post by My427stang »

I ordered a front chrome bumper from Rock Auto, the price was about 100 less than the normal resto catalogs, so I figured why not

Well the first one showed up, bottom pass side bolt hole was 1/2 inch off, the top edge between the frame rails looked like it was beat with a sledge then chromed afterwards, and the chrome ranged from real shiny to crappy

Rock Auto quickly took it back on their dime and sent a second. I had my new one before the old one got back to them

I opened the box, I swore it was the same bumper but checked tracking on the two shipments and it was impossible.

One good thing, Rock Auto paid return shipping again, and even called me to explain that they are having problems with this vendor and can't give me anything else. In the end I am really out nothing, so I am happy with Rock Auto customer service, but RUN AWAY from their factory replacement bumpers!
71 F-100 SB 4x4, 461 FE, Edelbrock Pro-flo 4, 4 speed, 4 inch softride lift, all poly bushings, integral PS, most mods installed since the 80's
70 Mustang Sportsroof 489 FE, EFI, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11s
Engine building by-appointment only--30+ years, specializing in strong street pump gas FEs
chad67
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: Quite possibly the worst bumper ever!

Post by chad67 »

I don't know if this is what is happening here, but I work for a company that imports from overseas. The problem is that when we experience a problem with a supplier-we may have 3 months of shipments on the ocean. When your supplier is in the good ol' USA, you can call them and get it straightened out. We've had to scrap thousands of dollars worth of product because sending it back would have been more costly than the write-off.
1967 F100 SWB
1991 Thunderbird 5.0 with fully ported gt40 heads, cobra intake (also ported) and a trickflow stage 2 cam, manual steering, and custom 3" exhaust