Moto Feet engine stands - Thumbs Up

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

mnkeeking

Moto Feet engine stands - Thumbs Up

Post by mnkeeking »

motofeet.com sells an interesting motor stand. It consists of two "legs" that mount to your engine block using the motor mount threads. You can buy the stand with no wheels, or take your choice of rubber-wheeled or steel-wheeled casters. I was a bit skeptical about their claim that stand was rated to hold not just a complete engine, but also a complete transmission. Most motor stands bolt up to the rear of the block, mine included, so you have to fab or buy a cradle if you want to run the motor with the tranny attached. I needed to at least be able to bolt on an empty tranny case so I could mount my starter. My plan was to break in the motor on this stand, which I did.

Anyway, I'm very happy to report that Moto Feet will hold a 460 AND C6, at about a foot off the ground. At about $120 delivered, this stand really did the trick for me. A Menzler family owned and operated business out of Arizona, all their stands are made in the USA, and I recommend them for all your stand needs. When you're done with them, they store in almost no space at all, around 2 square feet, important for those of us living behind the wall here with limited space. Only downside is the stand is made for a specific motor mount pattern, so you either have to buy a stand for each motor if they're different, or you could fab your own universal bracket. I decided to order the steel casters and have not modded the stand because Moto Feet has already done the math and I would hate to have an engine fall because I modded the stand or tried to save a few bucks on casters. This thing works, is small and was pretty inexpensive, comparatively. It's powder-coated matte black, the welds are strong and the bracket that mounts to the block is slotted to allow the metal to expand if you plan on starting the motor on the stand. Top of the motor is about 3 feet off the ground, making it easy to work on. The stand doesn't get in the way of any of the motor or tranny parts. In fact, I installed my starter after I had the motor and tranny on the stand.

Take care,
Joe
'68 F100 Flareside 460/C6
e6ug

Re: Moto Feet engine stands - Thumbs Up

Post by e6ug »

Thanks for the info. Thats really cool :thup: