1aauto beyond awful

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

Trampus

1aauto beyond awful

Post by Trampus »

So I ordered a complete rubber kit for my 67 f100 from 1aauto. A week later I got the complete kit for a 67-70 chevy/GMC pickup. What a silly mistake I say to myself, and call em up. The first lady I talked to insists that I am confused and the parts are correct. Her supervisor insures me that I have ordered the wrong parts. So I email him pictures of the invoice showing him the proof I ordered the correct ford parts and the packing slip that clearly shows they are the Chevy parts. 3 days later after the check their invintory they realize they don't have any parts for me and offer me store credit....

Long story short almost a week and a half has been wasted waiting for these backwards silly people.

Anyone know of a good place to get a full rubber kit for the cab?
jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: 1aauto beyond awful

Post by jimmy828 »

I had that to happen to me on the windshield rubber. It would not fit at all after trying several times, it was plainly the wrong seal. I did not try to return it because i had it over a year before i even tried installing it. Took a loss on that one and ordered one from NPD and it fit like a charm.. I have ordered a lot of parts from NPD and Dennis Carpenter and have always been satisfied. I ordered clutch rod seal that goes on floor from LMC and it was crap. It tore as easy as paper. Purchased that seal from NPD and it was a thicker rubber seal and had no problems. I guess it does not pay off trying to save a few bucks from other vendors. I did purchased my upholstery from 1a auto and and i thought it turned out pretty good. I believe the seat cover is the same cover a lot of vendors have to offer.
Trampus

Re: 1aauto beyond awful

Post by Trampus »

I appreciate it sir. I'll look to them now.