Mac's Auto Parts

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

KulpFarm

Mac's Auto Parts

Post by KulpFarm »

My overall experience with this company has been very poor. Despite being told on the phone by a parts representative that they are in stock, I still do not have parts at more than order two months ago. Both times I placed orders, the reps were very pleasant.

I personally would not recommend this company. Seems a bit antiquated and falling behind the times.

Anybody else have similar or better experiences?
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Mac's Auto Parts

Post by sargentrs »

While I don't really have any complaints, everything I've bought has been correct, I still prefer Dennis Carpenter or CG Ford Parts. They've always shipped quickly.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

I bought all the battery hold down components for my '68 from them off eBay and didn't have any issues - parts got here quick and were the exact thing I needed....but I have to admit the price was why I got it from them. I usually use LMC, Dennis Carpenter, or CG myself......
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
67mann
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 67mann »

Drove there once, seems that they're just over an hour away. Huge warehouse...small sales area...so one would assume that most of there business is catalogue or internet driven. Surprised that they wouldn't have informed you of delays...I called before I went to make sure they had what I needed in stock. Overall it was a timing thing for me to go there, as opposed of waiting for the items to ship from somewhere. Still would probably use them again :2cents:
I've had enough and I'm not alone
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii304/67mann/
mac6150

Post by mac6150 »

I haven't had good luck with Macs either. On two separate orders they shipped the wrong parts. On one of those they shipped me someone else's order.
These were expensive orders and between time lost and money on one order, I will not use them again. Another issue I have found is they list the part in stock but only to find that the part is on back order and it may be months before they get the part in, if they get it in at all. This is one company where I will not give them another chance, two strikes and they are out.
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

mac6150 wrote: Another issue I have found is they list the part in stock but only to find that the part is on back order and it may be months before they get the part in, if they get it in at all.
Same thing happened to me. Didn't even know about it until I got the other part I ordered on the same order. Then checked order status and saw it backordered for 60 days.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
huskerrush

Post by huskerrush »

Similar experience with MACS/Eckler. Got a card in the mail saying $15 off orders of $15.01 or more. I needed a couple of small things, so perfect, I'll get a $22 order for $7. Well, I didn't get the $15 off, I got a total of $8.42 off (instead of $15), and one of the two items was said to be available, but now I'm waiting until the end of August before it ships. Probably not going back to MACS/Ecklers.
You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight.
390FE1972
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 390FE1972 »

I have bought items from MAC's, but they seem to be more expensive on many items that you can get from NPD or Dennis Carpenters.

Regards :thup:
1972 F250 Sports Custom 390 FE C6 2WD Dana 60 4:10 gears
bellamor

Post by bellamor »

I haven't tried to purchased auto parts and accessories from this shop, but it has a lot of good reviews online.
yellercat

Post by yellercat »

Eckler and mac's are the same outfit, seems like there is one other with them.
Bad experience here too. Accept order without the stock. Too big and impersonal for me, and prices are on the high side for most stuff. Just my view.
1970 F100 302 C-4 factory air
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

yellercat wrote:Eckler and mac's are the same outfit, seems like there is one other with them.
Bad experience here too. Accept order without the stock...
Stoddard (Porsche) I think.
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper