Mac's Auto - poor experience

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

Carb

Mac's Auto - poor experience

Post by Carb »

I ordered 2 parts:

--1967 f100 glove box - some of the mounting holes were so off I cant properly install it. When I spoke to someone they said they will do a "stock check" to see if they are all that way. I suppose he will email me one way or the other...?

--wire harness (to coil, oil pressure and engine temp- oil pressure wire is much too short, had to solder 8 inches to it. Guy basically said there is nothing he can do -

So my first experience with them was very poor. Lackluster service. Not impressed.

4-12-17 update: I did receieve a call from them as a follow-up regarding the glove box liner and they did, to their credit, refund me the cost, so I guess +1 for them.
Last edited by Carb on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Mac's Auto - poor experience

Post by sargentrs »

Yeah, they've really gone downhill since Eckler's bought 'em out. They used to have a lot better customer service.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Just bought a clutch return spring from them - ordered it Sunday night and got it at 1:15 this afternoon..... :)
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Right after you started this thread, I ordered a parking light lens and gasket from them for my Fairlane. Got a box a few days later and thought "Cool, that was fast". Opened the box and only had the gaskets. The lens was backordered. Had to call them to find out when they'd have it and they told me mid-May. Went to CG Ford Parts site and their site clearly said "Not In Stock" and would have to be ordered. Called them and they said it'd be in 2 weeks. Cancelled Mac order and got one from Ebay. Cost a little more but had it in 4 days. Next time, I'll call Mac's before ordering anything.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
KulpFarm

Post by KulpFarm »

I ordered parts from them several times and experience the same poor service. People on the phone were very nice and polite but there system isn't up to date with actual stock. The told me all my parts were in stock and many came a month or two later. Decided that this company isn't for me and moved on.
hdman90
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by hdman90 »

I've personally been to their showroom up in Buffalo, NY. Great parts, I would take Mac products over LMC parts any day... However... Their service is most definitely lack-luster. I felt bad going to the showroom and not buying anything, so I approached the counter to ask for a fuel filter for my fuel pump. The man behind the counter (who was not personable at all), handed me a catalog and an order form, and said "when you're done, let me know." My initial thought was, I can do this online! Every other parts store I've ever gone to, you tell the clerk make and model of vehicle and then they look the part up for you and get it... I guess it just seemed backwards to me. But for the measly $4 and to have it right away, I bought the part anyhow... As I said, I've been happy with their parts, but the service could use some attention.
1969 F-100 LWB 2wd 240 3spd manual
1969 F-250 LWB 4wd 360 4spd manual
1976 F-250 Supercab LWB 2wd 390 4spd manual