my green 68

Show us your rides or projects!

Moderator: FORDification

tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: my green 68

Post by tybob81 »

The third picture is of the center console I'm building for the truck.
1968 swb hydroboost, ididit tilt column, Saginaw p/s pump with F series serpentine, all led lights, Vintage Air and painless wiring. 393w, tko600. CV front suspension w/c5 calipers and gt500 rotors. Stock Flexomatic leaf springs with 01 CV 8.8, 3.90 gears and Auburn locker. Custom wood bed floor. Full frame off resto-mod.
tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by tybob81 »

1968 swb hydroboost, ididit tilt column, Saginaw p/s pump with F series serpentine, all led lights, Vintage Air and painless wiring. 393w, tko600. CV front suspension w/c5 calipers and gt500 rotors. Stock Flexomatic leaf springs with 01 CV 8.8, 3.90 gears and Auburn locker. Custom wood bed floor. Full frame off resto-mod.
68truhead

Post by 68truhead »

I love your truck man this is what i hope my truck will look like when i am done. Man this is amazing great job. And hints you have please PM me.
tylerb43
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by tylerb43 »

Wow, buddy, that thing is stellar!! I didn't know you were working on the 68 again. I spend most of my time in the projects forum, but glad I stumbled over here. That's a beautiful truck. :thup:

The A/C install looks very clean. The billet bulkhead fitting turned out great. I see you mounted your heater valve about where the original was - I want to find a place for mine under the dash, but I don't know if there's going to be room. :hmm: Is the system working yet? Happy with it?

Also, 2 more - Where did you get your hood hinges? And where is Ace Upholstery?

I wanna see that sway bar install too!

You keep working on this truck, and I won't wanna come do a cruise night, it's just too nice!! :lol:
tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by tybob81 »

Ace upholstery is in Fairfield IL. He is the real deal! He did the interior for a 68 Charger that was the feature at the Mopar nationals this year or last. He also has a monthly article in Hotrods and Restorations magazine. Good luck finding room under the dash for the heater valve. I had it under the dash, but I didn't have room for my AC lines so I put it on the inner fender with a bracket I made out of 16 gauge steel. I'll snap a pic of the sway bay and post it. The AC setup isn't charged yet. The reason being is I haven't finished my center console where 2 of my vents are going. I'm hoping to have it in the Belleville Labor Day parade and then the DuQuoin State fair car show the next day.
tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by tybob81 »

Ace upholstery is in Fairfield IL. He is the real deal! He did the interior for a 68 Charger that was the feature at the Mopar nationals this year or last. He also has a monthly article in Hotrods and Restorations magazine. Good luck finding room under the dash for the heater valve. I had it under the dash, but I didn't have room for my AC lines so I put it on the inner fender with a bracket I made out of 16 gauge steel. I'll snap a pic of the sway bay and post it. The AC setup isn't charged yet. The reason being is I haven't finished my center console where 2 of my vents are going. I'm hoping to have it in the Belleville Labor Day parade and then the DuQuoin State fair car show the next day.
tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by tybob81 »

The hood hinges are stock. I just blasted them and had a buddy powder coat them in a chrome like powder.
Last edited by tybob81 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
elgemcdlf
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by elgemcdlf »

I am curious about your CC build. Have you got the CV IFS mounted yet? If so what do you think about it as far as an IFS swap goes?
tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by tybob81 »

The crown Vic suspension is installed. It's just fine. This is the second one I've done for myself. I did a 69 lwb of mine back in late 05 and I have put them under 2 dent trucks and a lwb slick. Nothing to mounting them. A No Limit style ifs looks and performs better, but you can't beat the price of the CV.
Last edited by tybob81 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by tybob81 »

Got board with my current setup under the hood so I ordered the FAST brand ez efi computer and harness to use up some of these mustang parts laying around my garage. I'm putting my Edelbrock Performer intake and 70mm tb with 24# injectors. While I was at it I'm going to put on a set of gt40 3 bar heads with svo 1.72 roller rockers and a new set of bbk stainless headers. Should wake the old girl up a bit and still stay around 15-17 MPG.
tylerb43
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by tylerb43 »

Awesome! Did you see the write-up in Custom Classic Trucks? I was just reading it last night, looks like a very well engineered system. Can't wait to see your install! :thup:
tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by tybob81 »

No I haven't seen that article yet, but I read about it in Mustangs and fast Fords a while back and have wanted to do it since.
tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by tybob81 »

Little over 800 bucks for the shirt and they threw the wiring and computer in for free! Lol When I get time I will glass bead blast my Edelbrock upper and lower. I'm using a 96 5.0 explorer fuel rail and Ford Racing 24# injectors along with a 70mm throttle body. My gt40 heads are at the machine shop getting checked out and milled to 59-60cc combustion chambers. That little bit will help boost the compression up a little and I will have a perfectly flat sealing surface. It's tempting to yank the motor and build it to a 347 , but I will try to hold back from doing that.
68 Ford Stepside
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 68 Ford Stepside »

Beautiful truck. Are the bed boards shellaced ? They sure do look good.
"Have A Great Ford Day"
tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by tybob81 »

Polyurethane