The Time Machine

Show us your rides or projects!

Moderator: FORDification

ximy
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: The Time Machine

Post by ximy »

awesome truck and what a great write-up... fun fun... where can we purchase those fordification.com stickers :D
1967 f250 428
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

austin- Thanks! I checked out your truck too. Looks like you're on the right track and your truck has great potential! Be sure to post pics of your progress! :thup:

ximy- Thanks! I had the decal done at my local graphics shop that does police cars, fire trucks, etc. I printed off a copy of the main page of FORDification so I could get them to match the actual font used. Then they showed me the colors available and I picked aqua since it's fairly close to lunar green. Then they even added a little shadow effect to really set it off. I think it was around $40 all total, and I'm pleased with how it turned out. :D
Jason
"Where there's a wheel, there's a way!"
'69 F100 SWB in Lunar Green with built 351C & TKO-600 5-speed, 4.56 gears, and Eaton TrueTrac Posi.
Future plans: Maybe one day, fresh paint, though I've been told by some, "Don't touch it! It's done!"
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

Sold: '77 F100, '72 Gran Torino, '76 El Camino with 454 & TH400
austin
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by austin »

69timemachine wrote:austin- Thanks! I checked out your truck too. Looks like you're on the right track and your truck has great potential! Be sure to post pics of your progress! :thup:

ximy- Thanks! I had the decal done at my local graphics shop that does police cars, fire trucks, etc. I printed off a copy of the main page of FORDification so I could get them to match the actual font used. Then they showed me the colors available and I picked aqua since it's fairly close to lunar green. Then they even added a little shadow effect to really set it off. I think it was around $40 all total, and I'm pleased with how it turned out. :D
thanks for compliment im actuaily working on the body now i have the passenger door bondoed up and im sanding the rust off so i can paint her with rustolem smoke grey :wink: :fr:
67MercM100

Post by 67MercM100 »

I absolutely love the wheels. Such a clean look. I've loved the "dog dish" look ever since the original Elenor in the 1974 "Gone in 60 Seconds". Granted, Elenor had trim rings. But the painted looks far better on the bump.

Say...What are the specifics on your steering wheel? I saw you've got manual steering. So do I - and I'm going to need a new wheel. I'm scared of getting one too small. I suppose you probably don't know how good or bad it's going to work, though.
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

Thanks! The steering wheel in my pictures is a Grant #714. Between stints of having it disassembled, I did drive the truck around a little with the new wheel. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend this wheel for manual steering. Since it's a few inches smaller than stock, it does require quite a bit more effort than the stock wheel did. I had the same wheel in my Torino and have it in my El Camino (both with power steering), and it works wonderfully with power steering. I'm actually going to be converting my bump over to power steering when I drop in the new engine and transmission. Once I do that, everything should be great with using this steering wheel.

If you want to keep your manual steering and want a wooden wheel, the Grant #966-0 and #967-0 wheels are both 15" diameter (1" larger), and you should be able to purchase a Ford oval horn button for them through Grant. If you don't mind spending way more money, the Grant #971 will give you even more leverage at 16" diameter. :thup:
Jason
'69 F100 SWB in Lunar Green with built 351C & TKO-600 5-speed, 4.56 gears, and Eaton TrueTrac Posi.
Future plans: Maybe one day, fresh paint, though I've been told by some, "Don't touch it! It's done!"
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

Nothing new to report engine-wise, but a little progress to report on the truck. With the holidays around the corner, I'm sure it will set me back a few weeks worth of progress on the engine anyway. I finally got around to red-coating the inside of my new LMC fuel tank that I bought a while back. (I figured I'd go ahead and coat it to keep the inside from ever forming rust.) Then I figured I'd go ahead and make the outside look nice, so I called the local bed liner shop and they sprayed the outside for $40. Not too bad in my opinion. Hopefully, the new tank should last just about forever now. I installed it today with a new fuel filler neck grommet, hose, and new fuel sending unit. Woohoo! My fuel gauge works now! :D To be continued......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jason
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

jasonm2131

Post by jasonm2131 »

Awesome project I have a 71 F250 that I'm working on now there definitely a lot of fun. :thup:
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

keep those updates coming J. that is one sweet truck. did i miss what the target hp/tq was gonna be on that cleavo?
wanting to buy a mercury tailgate!
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

Thanks! Well, I'm hoping for at least 350HP and 375TQ at the rear wheels, but we'll see. May be less, but hopefully more. :drive:
Jason
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

Supermike
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Supermike »

Looking good! Can't wait to see your next round of pictures... :pop:
Former owner of a '67 F100 Camper Special
Current owner of a '06 F150 King Ranch 4x4 SuperCrew
69F110
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 69F110 »

That is looking good. I like the rims, have been contemplating doing some for mine...now I am sure I will. Thanks for the pics and updates.
Steve Davis
Pastor and U.S. Army Retired

1969 F100 Ranger LWB, 390 and 3 on the tree
lee_ford
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by lee_ford »

I have been trying to get the wife to picture what ours would look like with wide rear wheels. Now I have a COOL pic.

Thanks. BTW: good job!

(To see a bigger pic in original post click HERE)
My 1969 F100 Gallery
[Please note: A lot of what I write may be common knowledge to some of us. But for a new comer and even us at one time, somebody had to inform us that FIRST time.]
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

Thanks! Yeah, I'm pleased with the way the truck looks with them. The front rims look just as good, I just haven't gotten around to posting new pics of them.

While I've got a minute, I should bring you all up to speed. I'm sorry to say my Cleveland short block is still in the same condition as previously mentioned. My heads are ready for me to install, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I also need to gasket-match my new intake manifold, and I need to order my clutch, carb, headers, and exhaust components. Then it should be ready to drop into the truck.

The truck itself is fine and is still sporting the 240. I was pretty sure the stock radiator wouldn't take another heat cycle, so I figured installing the new V8 radiator would only set me back the cost of a couple flex-hoses, so I might as well install it. I cut the core support out to V8 specs, relocated the regulator to the fender liner so I could cut the holes for the ram air ducts (for the V8), and sanded and painted the core support. I just need to install the lower radiator hose and fill it with coolant and it will be running again until the V8 is finished. I need to back it out and shoot some fresh pictures of it with the new wheels totally installed. I don't think anyone will be disappointed!

Some may have noticed I've been extremely scarce lately, and that's for a number of reasons. I'm at the day job all week, and have been doing alot of farm work over the weekends, so that has been taking most of my free time. The little free time that I do find has been occupied lately by my other new toy, my '06 Mustang GT I picked up Christmas Eve. So far I got new wheels, tires, brakes, exhaust, and grille in it, so it's finally at somewhat of a stopping point for a while. Now I can jump back onto the bump full force. I also sold my El Camino, which I hated to do, but the Mustang needed a spot in the garage and there was no way I'd consider selling the bump. Basically, once I get caught up with farm work, I should be back to work on the bump on a more regular basis and should be posting more progress soon. :thup: To be continued......
Jason
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

Finally!!!!! I have some pics and progress to post! I finished the radiator install and shined the truck up a little. As you can see, it sits nicely with the combination of the wheels and the drop. I expect the front end to sit about 1/4" lower once the V8 is installed because I believe it to be a little heavier than the six. The addition of power steering will add a little weight too. It sits with a very slight rake, which is what I had hoped for.

In watching the "Trucks!" show about building up a Gen 1 Lightning, I decided to order a set of Lightning Force Performance traction bars. I know I don't need them with the six, but I'm pretty sure spring wrap will definitely be an issue with the new powertrain. So, I figured I'd install them ahead of time so that they will already be in there when I build the exhaust for the V8. It may save me some interference issues down the road.

On the Cleveland, I have installed the heads and shot the Dark Ford Blue on it. I just need to set up the valvetrain, install the valve covers and intake, and then the rest of the small stuff can be installed. I figure slow progress is still progress. :lol: To be continued.......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jason
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

austin
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by austin »

that thing sits so nicccceeeee im in love with them wheels