The Time Machine

Show us your rides or projects!

Moderator: FORDification

69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: The Time Machine

Post by 69timemachine »

I was at the local cruise in during the "Truck Night" theme night a couple months ago and actually won one of the three "Coolest Car" awards that they give out each week! I've been hoping to win one of those for a couple years now and I finally won one! It's not the biggest of my truck's trophies, but certainly one of the most meaningful to me! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 69timemachine on Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jason
"Where there's a wheel, there's a way!"
'69 F100 SWB in Lunar Green with built 351C & TKO-600 5-speed, 4.56 gears, and Eaton TrueTrac Posi.
Future plans: Maybe one day, fresh paint, though I've been told by some, "Don't touch it! It's done!"
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

Sold: '77 F100, '72 Gran Torino, '76 El Camino with 454 & TH400
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

I've only made one change to the truck in recent months, which is my steering wheel. While I liked my wooden Grant Signature wheel, it was almost too nice and shiny to fit the image of my truck. Some of the guys online were talking about this wheel called Forever Sharp. I like the black spokes, more dull wood finish, and brass rivets that this wheel has, so my wife got it for me as a Christmas gift! It was a quick install since the bolt pattern was the same as the Grant Signature Series wheel hub; just a quick 5-screw swap! 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jason
'69 F100 SWB in Lunar Green with built 351C & TKO-600 5-speed, 4.56 gears, and Eaton TrueTrac Posi.
Future plans: Maybe one day, fresh paint, though I've been told by some, "Don't touch it! It's done!"
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

EDVSU

Post by EDVSU »

Truck looks sweet Jason.
Congrats on the progress and awards.
Hopefully I can see it in person soon over at the ottos meet ups.
Good luck and keep trucking!
- Martin Gza.
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

Thanks! Sounds great! Truck Night is coming up on March 12th, so hopefully I'll see you up there! :thup:
Jason
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

EDVSU

Post by EDVSU »

:thup: Awesome. Marked on my calendar looking forward to it.
- Martin Gza.
northerndave

Post by northerndave »

very cool
PACrewCab

Post by PACrewCab »

Lookin' good, bud. Congrats on the award!
www.oldfordcrewcabs.com
1970 F250 Camper Special
1962 F250 factory 4x4
1996 F350 CC LB Powerstroke
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

Not much new has been going on. The truck has been running good! I swapped my 650cfm Edelbrock AVS for a 750cfm Edelbrock back in the summer, just to see if I was leaving any power on the table. So far, the Cleveland has liked the change! I haven't logged enough fuel tanks yet to say exactly how much, but I do believe my fuel economy has even improved with the change!
My wife gave me a hand and we tinted the back glass back in the summer, just to cut the heat down a little inside since this beast has no A/C. It turned out nice, and does help!
We've just been enjoying the truck, hitting some car shows and cruise nights as we can. :D
Jason
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

67mann
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 67mann »

8)
I've had enough and I'm not alone
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii304/67mann/
popeyes71
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by popeyes71 »

Glad you still have her and having fun with her! She looks good with the tinted back window.
-Popeye-
1971 F-250 4x4 Highboy
1966 Chevy Nova, 8 second 10.5 car
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

Thank you. Yeah, we didn't bother tinting the side windows since they're always down anyway for the Model 55 A/C to work. :lol:
Jason
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

sideoilerfe
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by sideoilerfe »

69timemachine wrote:I've only made one change to the truck in recent months, which is my steering wheel. While I liked my wooden Grant Signature wheel, it was almost too nice and shiny to fit the image of my truck. Some of the guys online were talking about this wheel called Forever Sharp. I like the black spokes, more dull wood finish, and brass rivets that this wheel has, so my wife got it for me as a Christmas gift! It was a quick install since the bolt pattern was the same as the Grant Signature Series wheel hub; just a quick 5-screw swap! 8)
Let me know if you want to get rid of your old steering wheel!
Side oiler FE, see if you can catch me!!!

1970 F250 4x4 390/4spd
1968 F250 4X2 360/C6/No Rust!
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

Will do!
I may keep it a little longer until I figure out if I can find my wife a project car of her own. I'll let you know. :thup:
Jason
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

It's been a while since I've posted an update. Things are going good with my truck. I've still been hitting some shows in the Houston area. I did my usual winter work on it, and a few upgrades.
-I finally installed new door seals and window seals, and that cut down on wind noise quite a bit when I do (rarely) ride with the windows up.
-I got a street rod double cup holder and made a bracket for it that bolts to the front of my bench seat next to my shifter. I'll make a thread about it.
-Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to try a Demon 625cfm carburetor. All I can say is WOW! It ran strong on the Edelbrock 650 AVS, slightly stronger (but with worse mileage) with an Edelbrock 750, but the Demon is absolutely amazing! It really snaps your neck! I haven't had it on long enough to see what the mileage will do, but it should be better. I'll try to make a thread about it.
-My old Optima battery conked at the last show I attended. Not wanting to spend $235 on a new one, I opted for a CarQuest/Advance Auto Parts AGM battery. They are basically like an Optima, but list for around $175. I was able to get my company discount and got it for $130 total. (The auto parts couldn't give me company pricing on an Optima.) They are advertised to last twice what a regular acid battery would, so we shall see. I also received the battery cover for Christmas which makes the battery look like the old '69 original battery. I like it!
-Finally, I installed two Green LED bulbs in my instrument cluster illumination and one Green LED in my climate control, which looks pretty cool at night! Doing this also made me stumble upon a bad speedo cable and speedo drive gear, so I replaced those parts while I was in there as well.
So, she's now ready for this summer's activities!
Jason
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed