Pebble beige with black grille and bumpers? Anyone have pics

Show us your rides or projects!

Moderator: FORDification

motzingg
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Pebble beige with black grille and bumpers? Anyone have pics

Post by motzingg »

I wasn't going to paint my truck originally, but the current paint job is bad rattle can or something and its pretty horrendous, so I'm gonna re do it.

As far as stock paint colors go, I guess I don't need to keep it a 'stock' color.. it was originally white.. but I do want something that is period correct as in '60's looking' not some stupid color from a 2004 lexus. The wife likes Pebble Beige and I tend to go with her judgement on things like this, but i dont want to do the chrome trim and the white grill will look terrible with such a similar color on the body.

Anyone know of a beige truck with a black grill? Have any pics?

I've searched through like 20 pages of google and nothing.

thanks!
HIO Silver
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Pebble beige with black grille and bumpers? Anyone have pics

Post by HIO Silver »

'not a black grill or bumper but below is a nice example. :

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11457 ... st11560760

motzingg
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: Pebble beige with black grille and bumpers? Anyone have pics

Post by motzingg »

the update on this is that my wife told me to buy a lighter color white, almost like an off white.

i got the can sitting under my desk waiting for a spare weekend... the black trim, we shall see. I think going white on off white is gonna look dumb.

I saw a bump that was pebble beige or a bad re-do of it the other day and it didn't look good, i'm glad i went with a lighter white.

one of the catalogs, lmc i think, said some of the 66's came with a black grille, was that a typo or something?