Newbie with some plans

Show us your rides or projects!

Moderator: FORDification

BossGB385

Newbie with some plans

Post by BossGB385 »

Hello everyone! Ive been trolling around on this place for quite some time now but am still new with trying to post things. So, I figured what better place to start than here and telling you all what I have and what my plans are. Ive been a Ford guy for as long as I can remember and am partial to the trucks, really anything from early 60s to 79. Ive had a few of em, currently I have a '66, '68, and a '78. My '66 is my DD, the '68 is my doll baby, and the '78 I picked up from a guy at work for 500 bucks :D . The Bump is 390,3 spd on the column, manual drums and strong arm steering. The slick is 351w, c4, power steering, manual brakes, but does have the converted discs up front :thup: , and the dent is......well, a definite fixer upper. Lol!
Anyway, my plans for my bump, as of right now, but are somehow constantly changing, are:
1. Cv front swap (CL special for 300 :hd:)
2. Four link in the rear, maybe a narrowed 9'" with low gears 4.11s, 4.56s
3. TKO 600 five speed .62 OD
4. 460 BB aprox. 450-500 hp fuel injected
5. Complete wiring upgrade
6. New interior
7. New wheels, tires, blah, blah, blah

Anyway you get the idea, let me know what you guys think. Just kinda introducing myself to everyone.
Here are some pics

The day I got the dent. Yea that's a snake skin in front of it, it was laying on top of the eninge. Yuck!
Texarado

Re: Newbie with some plans

Post by Texarado »

Those are some nice rides! Sounds like you know what your doing and have a good plan. I'll be watching for progress on the '78.
Dave Severson

Post by Dave Severson »

Great looking fleet!!!! My only advice is quite simple, and it appears you already are doing it, Plan your work, work your plan!

The only thing I would add is that there are two hard and fast facts that pertain to restorations, hot rods, racing, or any other 4 wheeled projects;

1. It's going to take longer then you thought!
2. It's going to cost more then you thought!
Retired and lovin' it!!!!!
BossGB385

Post by BossGB385 »

Dave Severson wrote:Great looking fleet!!!! My only advice is quite simple, and it appears you already are doing it, Plan your work, work your plan!

The only thing I would add is that there are two hard and fast facts that pertain to restorations, hot rods, racing, or any other 4 wheeled projects;

1. It's going to take longer then you thought!
2. It's going to cost more then you thought!
Haha, oh yeah im sure of it!!