Fordification frozen this morning?

Comments, suggestions or site/forum assistance

Moderator: FORDification

bindernut

Re: Fordification frozen this morning?

Post by bindernut »

Just curious here. With me not being too computer savvy is there something we (the users/members) can do or something we can NOT do to help? :fr:

get well soon Keith
1971 f100 CS 360/AT
1970 f100 C 302/4spd
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?pos=-6153
1969 IH Scout 800 304/AT

"ya know, you're about as useful as Amish tech support."

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln

Murphy lives in my shop and takes advantage of any opportunity he can find.

Law of Mechanical Repair - After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee.
papabug71
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by papabug71 »

bindernut wrote:Just curious here. With me not being too computer savvy is there something we (the users/members) can do or something we can NOT do to help? :fr:

get well soon Keith

One sure fire way to attract spam is by posting your personal email addy in a post. This is a no-no on FORDification forums. If you see a post with a personal email addy or a hyperlinked personal email addy, you could politely ask the member to remove it remind them of the rule & ask them to use the PM function for personal buisness. You can also report it to a moderator. The key is to be nice about it. You don't want to come off as a jerk, but it is a rule that needs to be followed. :2cents:

Go to any other forum that allows personal emails in posts & they have 10 times as much spam as FORDification does.

:fr:
Matt
1971 F-100 Sport Custom - My grandpaws truck
Been in the family since 10/3/'71 (Brand spankin' new)
Mine since 5/7/'94
302 / 3 speed / 3:25's
--Currently undergoing full frame off resto/mod--
sublimer
Preferred User
Preferred User

ADMINS! Please fix the searching!

Post by sublimer »

It only lets me perform one search every few minutes, you should allow users to search as much as they like :D

It's really annoying not being able to use the search feature!

Otherwise, I got to google.com and search for site:fordification.com whatI'mLookingFor
1968 Ford F-100
240cid (3.9L) Inline 6
3-speed on the Floor
2-tone Blacks & White
Custom Homemade Headliner
Moveable Speakers
tmcalavy
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: ADMINS! Please fix the searching!

Post by tmcalavy »

Amen.
BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: ADMINS! Please fix the searching!

Post by BobbyFord »

Prolly the dreaded "SumTingWong" virus that originated in China :hmm:
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Continue to get the same prompt of "Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes."

Is this something that more bandwidth or server space would fix? Do we need to have a fundraiser here to help support it? Everyone here know the site is worth it! :fr:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

I'll contribute! I really use the search function a lot.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
Atlas

Post by Atlas »

I still haven't heard any explanation as to what happened to me. Everything that I've ever posted or submitted has disappeared, including my membership and name. Everything is gone , over 1000 posts and many , many photos , all gone. I re-registered and have started all over, I'm wondering if anyone else had this happen to them ?
Dave
1969 Ford F100 purchased with 7,300 original miles
2003 Impala with Sport Package 28,000 original miles
Original 1975, Yamaha XS650
International 4300 dump truck
Caterpillar excavator
Bobcat track loader
robroy
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by robroy »

Good morning Dave,

While my account's OK and most of my stuff's still around, the other day I did notice that there are a number of posts missing from 1972 F250 12"x2.5" Bendix rear drum brake rebuild: advice?

The missing posts aren't the most recent ones either; it's as though some of the posts were sucked out from the middle of the thread. The reason I'm sure this happened is that recently, I went searching for the close-up photos I took of the large socket used to tighten the nut which holds the brake drum on, and the posts containing those photos were completely missing. Also missing from that same post, or a nearby post, were close-up photos of a brake service tool that I erroneously bought for the project (that tools turned out to be inapplicable to my specific type of brakes).

Since I put a wacky number of hours in to that thread I felt frustrated with myself to have seemingly lost portions of it--especially unknown portions of it that I'm only able to partially identify. I haven't gone through other threads to see how many other posts are missing, but it seems improbable that it's isolated to that one brake thread.

My reason for feeling frustrated with myself is that for a few years now, I've realized that the amount of time I've put in to some of the threads here is so great, that I needed to write a simple program to make a back-up of either all the threads I started, or even just a select few high-investment threads. The program would save the backups in a way which would allow them to be easily re-posted, should they ever be lost for any reason. Yet I never prioritized writing that program highly enough to actually start it, and now it looks like it's too late, at least to safeguard everything that once was here.

There's also a chance that the posts really aren't missing from the thread, and have merely been invented in my corrupted memory of what the thread used look like. :lol: And if that turns out to be the case I'll certainly be embarrassed.

Robroy
91Bear
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Sorry but you cannot use search at this time.

Post by 91Bear »

Please try again in a few minutes.

I keep getting that message if I search more than one screen of results. It's annoying. Anyone else get that?
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Yeah, every time now. Just have to wait a few minutes and you can search again. The big problem I've been having the past couple of days is a "The connection to the server has been reset" error on login. Goes on the say the server may be too busy, blah blah blah. Wait a few minutes and try again. 2 or 3 tries and I can get in....like now :D
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Guys, it's worked twice for me now...go into your cache and clear the cookies. Instead of all of them last week I just cleared the Fordification site here and immediate results. Where I could not search-then I was able to run a search. Don't know why-but it worked for me. :hmm:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

hard to use Fordification forum now

Post by jzjames »

"Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes."

This is the response I get alot when Im looking at the forum. It has nothing to do with any search Im doing, it happens when I hit the back button to the previous page.

Is the forum getting jammed up for others or is it only me?
Swegner99
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: hard to use Fordification forum now

Post by Swegner99 »

It will do this to me from time to time, but only when im trying to use the search feature. When I leave a thread I dont use the back button, I go back to the top and click on the subcategory again.... that way it marks that I read the thread.
1972 F250 Custom LWB
1999 F150 Ext Cab
2001 E350 15 Passenger Van
Kurt Combs
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

search problem

Post by Kurt Combs »

After I do a search, so I won't be asking the same question that has been asked before, I get a message when trying to go to the second page that I must wait to do another search. Anyone have a solution?
Kurt
1972 F-250