67 F100 brakes

Comments, suggestions or site/forum assistance

Moderator: FORDification

DaWhiz

67 F100 brakes

Post by DaWhiz »

Help figure this one out. Brakes worked until yesterday but always sensitive and low on the floor. Yesterday they went to the floor with minimum braking still available. Booster and master cylinder, all brake hoses, all wheel cylinders, shoes replaced 7 months ago. Replaced booster and master cyl. yesterday thinking it may be bypassing. Removed and cleaned proportioning valve and bled brakes at least 4 times, no change. truck sat for 5 yrs but has been driven for the last 7 months.
Dirty Offio

Re: 67 F100 brakes

Post by Dirty Offio »

Do you have the adjustable pushrod that goes to the booster from the pedal, or the fixed one? I had to fiddle with mine when I changed the booster...took some time to dial in, but I got it in the end. (Mine is adjustable.) Not all the parts people know about there being 2 different boosters depending on the rod, and they may have sold you the wrong booster when you changed your parts 7 months ago. (Don't know your local parts folks obviously! lol) Just a thought.

Offio
When in doubt, hit the gas. It may not be the right answer, but at least it ends the suspense!!
The only substitute for Cubic Inches, is Cubic Money!
1967 F-100 swb "Varmit"
1968 F-250 4dr lwb "Beast"
1976 F-350 drw 460
1977 Club Wagon
1986 F-250 lwb