User status

Comments, suggestions or site/forum assistance

Moderator: FORDification

mnkeeking

User status

Post by mnkeeking »

Well, it's too hot to work outside today in San Diego. I know I'm spoiled by the usual weather we have here, but this is getting a little silly. Anyway, since I'm not working on my truck today thought I'd catch up with you guys. I tried to look at the rules for the site, but I'm a grunt and we don't do that well. So, can someone please tell me if you are ranked by how many posts you make to the forums? To me, it seems like I been stuck at private for a long time. Also seems to me that the less you actually work on your truck and the more you post here the faster you will be promoted. NOT complaining. Some guys live in the boonies where I heard they have this new thing called "bad weather," and so can stay in the house and play on their computers. I get chased out like I was 8 years old and told not to come in until the streetlights come on. One of the many benefits of being married (to the same woman, even) for coming up on 25 years. ****, it doesn't seem that long ago. BTW, does anyone know what the traditional 25 year anniversary gift for one's wife might be? After dealing with my sorry ass for this long, she should prolly get a medal, not silverware.

Reviewing my post above, this simple grunt mighta' figured out the answer to his own question. At least that's what I'm going with. All the high ranking Fordification boys must live in those terrible areas the news guy talks about with their "bad weather," and can't be outside working on their trucks. Or maybe their 'ol ladies like them more than mine does and let them in the house before dark. Either way, at the rate I'm going it'll be 10 years before I got promoted, but I have a really nice, no sleeves, redneck tan going on, and my truck runs well. In fact, I've been chased outside enough that I've learned how to turn a 10 minute job into an all-day affair, which is critical if you, like me, have enough money for a $15 part and have to make it last.

Hope someone got a chuckle out of some part of this. Damn it's hot here today!

Joe

Hot (no pun) tip of the day: Did you know that if you fail to reconnect the transmission cooler lines BEFORE you test fire the new motor you just built it will shoot about a gallon of tranny fluid approximately ten feet, also BEFORE you realize you messed up and get the truck shut down and go around to look?

PS We should have a thread on which we deposit other gems like the one above. You know, like: Did you know that if you grip the wrong wire and end up with a plug wire in your hand, there's a decent chance that one out every eight pulses WILL make you think about it next time? Rules would be 1) Must be in the form of a question. 2) Must be an overly complicated question. 3) Must answer itself. 4) Must be slightly sarcastic. 5) MUST BE SOME DUMB THING YOU DID TO YOURSELF!

If you haven't laughed yet, I'm either losing it, I'm not as funny as I think, you do not own a sense of humor, or you live in San Diego, can't work on your truck because your prefer not to be parboiled in your own driveway and don't think the obvious **** I'm pointing out is in the least bit funny.
'68 F100 Flareside 460/C6
mrollings53
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: User status

Post by mrollings53 »

Your post count determines how many stars you have and what your title is under your handle. I think after 50 posts you get "promoted." I don't believe it actually means anything, except that you spend alot of time on here.

And, silver is the traditional gift for the 25th anniversary. So you can get her silverware.
Common Sense is an Uncommon Virtue
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

:lol: I got a chuckle out of it! Only because I've done similar slip ups. I think the post count/stars is like 250 posts per star up to 1000 then it increases to 500 per star until you peak at 2000 posts with 6 stars. As you can see by my post count I have no life outside of my truck and this forum. If only I had the money to match the post count I might actually finish my project. :wink:
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
68 Ford Stepside
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 68 Ford Stepside »

I probably hold the record for quanity of post in the shortest length of time. I joined up Sept. 27, 2012 & have 1058 post under my belt. I hope I have helped some members & entertained others. I do have a legitimate excuse for posting so often. My liver has failed & I am now living out my last days on earth.To those I have offended while posting here, I do apologize.It has been a fun ride. Have A Great Ford Day! :)

PS: Always remember-rust never sleeps.
"Have A Great Ford Day"
Alstoyz
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Alstoyz »

Just get her a silver bump.?.?. :lol:
1970 F-100 SWB Tubbed
1971 F-350 4X4 (traded for 71 crewcab)
1971 F-250 Crew-Cab Dually
1972 F-100 SWB 4X4
1972 F-350 Crew-Cab 4X4 Dually
2001 F-350 Crew-Cab Short Bed 4X4 Dually
Mancar1
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!
Location: USS Gramps Garage (DD-727) Tehama County, Northern Ca.

Post by Mancar1 »

Well Grunt ya made this Ole Goat Locker Chief laugh. Hot as heck here in Tehama County Ca. On our 25th I took my late wife Vicki on a camping trip along the coast hwy, stayed in state camp grounds, hiked, and enjoyed being together among the Red Woods. Made that trip in our 65 Ford CS.
Yes it is Silver, but I like to think outside the box of tradition. :lol:
My 1st couple years I posted a lot as I spent my time indoors caring for Vicki as she was very sick and passing. Wouldn't trade that time with her for nothing. She was great and we had a long life together. Been 2 years and I will forever miss and hold her in my heart.
Thanks for your service, and congrats on 25.
John
May your sails stay full, and your knots not slip. Unless a slip knot.
Once I thought I was wrong, but I was wrong.
Life is a banquet, and every days a feast.
68 F-250 CS 390 C-6 P/S A/C front disc. 2nd owner.
2016 GMC Terrain Denali 301 HP V-6 AWD.
2009 Silverado Crew Cab, V-8, 4X4.
DD-727
DD-806
AE-35
LSD-39
AS-41
AR-8
72BahamaBlue
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 72BahamaBlue »

"Hot (no pun) tip of the day: Did you know that if you fail to reconnect the transmission cooler lines BEFORE you test fire the new motor you just built it will shoot about a gallon of tranny fluid approximately ten feet, also BEFORE you realize you messed up and get the truck shut down and go around to look?" :lol:

That reminds me of the time I tried changing my truck's power steering fluid; I thought it would be clever to run long piece of hose from the return line on the PS pump to a bucket, held tight with a clothespin. Went to start the engine, (just needed a few seconds, I thought) and of course the hose broke free and 40-something year old PS fluid sprayed all over my nicely painted engine, inner fenders, hood...that was a nasty mess!