Comments, suggestions or site/forum assistance

Moderator: FORDification

1972hiboy
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Log In Every Time?

Post by 1972hiboy »

Yeah kinda frustrating, Ive logged into the site from multiple computers and mobile devices with the same result, and I dont use a link ive always typed in the address bar. hope something gets resolved.
Rich
1973 f350 super c/s 460/c6 22k orig miles
1972 f350 srw crewcab special 390
1972 f250 4x4 sport custom 390fe Red
1972 f250 4x4 custom 360 FE " Ranger Ric"
1972 f250 4x4 custom 84k og miles 390
1971 f250 4x4 sport custom 56k og miles. 360
1970 f250 4x4 428 fe hp60 205 d60
Dont eat yellow snow.....
AZf100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by AZf100 »

Tried Several times over the last few Days with no luck. :x
"I ain't as good as I once was But I'm as good once as I ever was"
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r73 ... 6e738a.jpg
1971 F100 SWB 302 2WD (Work In Progress)
2010 F250 4X4 6.4 Power Stroke / lariat Black
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

Yeah, not much we can do until Keith shows up.
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

Yes this has been happening to my phone also. Its the only way i can get on anymore.i check the box to log me in automatically. Or keep me logged in. However its stated. But i have to log in each visit manually. I have no idea how to clear cookies on this phone.
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

I've checked the forum settings but nothing has changed...so at this point what I'd suggest is to not only use the link at the bottom of the page (Delete all board cookies), but to then manually go into your brower's cookie file and manually delete anything to do with fordification.com. Then close your browser and fire it back up. That will allow a new cookie to be set once you log back in, and SHOULD work.

However, having said that...I'll be the first to admit that I've been neglecting the forums for a while now. The phpbb software has been updated numerous times over the past couple years and I keep putting off the updates, thinking I'd get to it soon. But I haven't, and it's looking like it's time to do this now.

The newest version of the software is not compatible with all the old files, so essentially it's going to mean a complete install of the newest version and then converting the old database to utilize the new version. I'm going to have to do a complete backup of the database first, and then installation of the new software, then the conversion...which means the forums will be offline for a while. I'm tentatively thinking that I'm going to try doing this either tomorrow night (Friday) or Saturday night.

Also, this forum has had a lot of hard-coded modifications to give it the look, feel and function that it is. When the new software version is installed, all these mods will be gone...it'll be a plain-jane vanilla installation that will then require a re-installation of all the goodies. Fortunately, the mods will be easier to install with the newest version, so it shouldn't take too long to do.

So what does all this mean? Well, as stated, to do the database backup and reinstallation of the forum software I'm going to have to take the forums offline for a short time. I'm hoping that everything can be accomplished in one (long) evening. If you have to get your bumpside fix or want the latest updates on how the forum reinstallation and upgrades are going, you can check out the FORDification.com Facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/136751718881/

It's time to give this beast a major tune-up! ;)
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
crazyhorse
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by crazyhorse »

Mr Keith, thank you sir for doing all this work + all the other work you do. :fr:

I just want you to know I appreciate the work you do the give us the best site period.

I hope all goes well . :pray:

God bless you sir and hope you have a great year. :pray:
jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jimmy828 »

FORDification wrote:I've checked the forum settings but nothing has changed...so at this point what I'd suggest is to not only use the link at the bottom of the page (Delete all board cookies), but to then manually go into your brower's cookie file and manually delete anything to do with fordification.com. Then close your browser and fire it back up. That will allow a new cookie to be set once you log back in, and SHOULD work.

However, having said that...I'll be the first to admit that I've been neglecting the forums for a while now. The phpbb software has been updated numerous times over the past couple years and I keep putting off the updates, thinking I'd get to it soon. But I haven't, and it's looking like it's time to do this now.

The newest version of the software is not compatible with all the old files, so essentially it's going to mean a complete install of the newest version and then converting the old database to utilize the new version. I'm going to have to do a complete backup of the database first, and then installation of the new software, then the conversion...which means the forums will be offline for a while. I'm tentatively thinking that I'm going to try doing this either tomorrow night (Friday) or Saturday night.

Also, this forum has had a lot of hard-coded modifications to give it the look, feel and function that it is. When the new software version is installed, all these mods will be gone...it'll be a plain-jane vanilla installation that will then require a re-installation of all the goodies. Fortunately, the mods will be easier to install with the newest version, so it shouldn't take too long to do.

So what does all this mean? Well, as stated, to do the database backup and reinstallation of the forum software I'm going to have to take the forums offline for a short time. I'm hoping that everything can be accomplished in one (long) evening. If you have to get your bumpside fix or want the latest updates on how the forum reinstallation and upgrades are going, you can check out the FORDification.com Facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/136751718881/

It's time to give this beast a major tune-up! ;)
Thanks Keith, we knew you would come to the rescue :clap:
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

Well that seems to have fixed the log in issue for me.... :thup:
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

Im having trouble again. This time it isnt showing the forums read as i leave each forum. I cant see the delete all board cookies link from my phone. Im going to log out close browser and come back.