What did you do to YOUR bump today?

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

grnf100

Re: What did you do to YOUR bump today?

Post by grnf100 »

Reinstalled rebuilt Motorcraft 2100 carb and fired her up again. :D Then, very carefully, moved her around the yard. (NO BRAKES)
Jacksdad
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Jacksdad »

I finally discovered my randomly deflating tire was actually a small split in the sidewall close to the tread. It was just by chance that I found it because it was on the back side of the tire, and only leaked if it was at the 6 o'clock position when parked - any other position and it was fine, even with 70psi in it. It's been getting gradually worse though, and Sunday saw it completely flat and unable to hold air for long regardless of how I parked it. I picked up a used radial late in the afternoon only to discover there was nowhere open nearby that could change it without charging more than the tire cost me, so I had to go old school on it with a couple of pry bars and a lot of cussing. Breaking the bead was a nightmare - I even parked my Jeep on the damned thing and it still wouldn't let go.
Luckily I had something much bigger and heavier laying around - amazing what the weight of an old F350 will achieve :D
Bessies wheel.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1971 DRW F350 cab and chassis with an Open Road motorhome conversion, Dana 70, 352 (originally 390)/C6, PS, power front discs, and 159" w/b.
rhg

Post by rhg »

New HL switch and wipers!
Lone Ranger
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Lone Ranger »

Finally got my new box painted! :hd:
1972 f100 4x4 4 inch lift with dump box kit-sold
1969 f250 4x4 highboy in progress.
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=85251
Kyle
dave1972

Post by dave1972 »

Got stainless windshield trim back from polisher. Started installing into window gasket which is already on windshield. It is a lot of work installing trim without scratching it but it is going to look great. I am also in the middle of heater box restore. Have had all metal powder coated and installing new foams from carpenter
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Stripped the interior out and sealed all the seams so I can install the new firewall pad and carpet......and may as well pull the gas tank and replace the cab mounts while the tank is almost empty and the seat is out..... :D
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
dave1972

Post by dave1972 »

Stainless trim in the groove on seal and taped to hold. Waiting a few days for seal/glass/trim to "get happy" together and then into the cab it goes. Finished putting my heater box all together also. Painted master cylinder with Seymour cast blast. That stuff looks like bare cast iron...Amazing restore product.
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Carpet and firewall pad done - can't say enough good things about the ACC carpet but the firewall pad is another story..... :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: - it was from a company called Repops and if I was doing a restoration it would have went straight into the burn pile - missing holes....holes out of position...wouldn't lay right....worked for 2 hours just to get it halfway decent. Got the tank pulled to install new cab mounts and got the rear and middle set done before I ran out of good weather...... Also got the new windshield washer tank in and was pleased to find out the original washer pump still works........ :thup:

New photos posted in my gallery..... :fr:
Last edited by Ohiotinkerer on Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1997 Honda CBR 900RR
WarEagle

Post by WarEagle »

Finished welding up the exhaust pipes so no more leaks! Dynomax muffler with internal x pipe sounds REALLY good.
1972 F100 300 cid straight 6
2009 F150 4.6L Super Crew
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Installed high mount alternator brackets and changed pulleys so I can start working on installing p/s, attempted to replace front cab mounts but they decided not to be as easy as the rear and middle sets, removed the air pump rails from the heads, FINALLY found the exhaust leak I have been trying to find for 3 months...... New exhaust gasket time....... :eek: ........and finished the reworked stock radio bezel so I can have some modern tunes...... :D
20170227_132958_kindlephoto-217679238.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1997 Honda CBR 900RR
Madman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by Madman »

90% finished with the vehicle rewiring, also wired up the fuel transfer solenoid and switch for my second fuel tank. Tomorrow will be bleed the brake system, and start installing the Edelbrock fuel injection system! :D
""Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet."

2017 Ford Raptor
1970 F250 4x4
1948 Willys CJ2A w/ Ford Flathead V-8
1975 Ford Bronco
grnf100

Post by grnf100 »

This past weekend, I stripped off all the old front brakes and removed all parts. Cleaned up a bit and painted the backing plate. Greased up the spindles and tie rod fittings. She is now prepped to received all new parts for front brakes.

TODAY I BOUGHT ALL NEW PARTS FOR THE FRONT BRAKES :hd: (wheel cylinders and pins, spring hardware kits, self adj kits, brake hoses, shoes) And grease to repack wheel bearings. Hopefully will get to that this week or next.

then it will be to replaced the master cylinder with a remanufactured one. And last but not least, finish running the brake lines down the proportioning valve.

All back brakes and lines are completed w/ all new parts/lines. Taking baby steps due to time and money. But plans to are to have her safely back on the road by summer. So ready to ride her down the road again. :pray:
1guydude
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 1guydude »

Lots of work being done to these old trucks i see.
Today i re wired from the voltage regulator to the alternator. Hoping she charges battery. Got new belts on there well i was at it.
D
2008 bmw 528i
1967 ford f100
2014 vw tiguan
2016 kawasaki 250f
2015 KTM rc390
2014 audi tt Quatro s
Braaaaap!
grnf100

Post by grnf100 »

Brakes hardware completed!! New brake hardware all the way around. Bearings packed. Next week, weather cooperating( calling for snow Sunday), will be running new brake line up front.
Lone Ranger
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Lone Ranger »

Radio and new speakers installed!
1972 f100 4x4 4 inch lift with dump box kit-sold
1969 f250 4x4 highboy in progress.
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=85251
Kyle