What did you do to YOUR bump today?

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

What did you do to YOUR bump today?

Post by flyboy2610 »

On mine, I changed the spark plugs, gapped them at .040 because I have an Accel Supercoil on it to go with my Pertronix Ignitor system. I had to put a 14" open element air cleaner on it, because the stock unit hit the coil.
Discovered a fuel drip coming from the fuel pump area. It's the type with a canister attached to the bottom. I tried to tighten the canister, but it didn't feel like it moved. But now it no longer drips fuel. I'm going to get under there and try to tighten it a bit more. Also check the fuel lines.
Replaced the wiper blades, and filled the washer reservoir. Got washer fluid all over the fender and frame because the reservoir stated leaking like crazy! :x I pulled the reservoir off the fender and dumped the fluid back into the jug using a funnel. More mess.
I went to unhook the pump wiring and found another PO hack job. The wiring for the pump was spliced into the plug wiring harness by stripping some insulation from each wire, and wrapping the wire going to the pump around the open section of wire on the wiring harness! That was it. No electrical tape or anything to protect the wires! I removed the pump wires, and wrapped electrical tape around each harness wire separately, then wrapped them both together like the rest of the harness.
Went down to the basement and grabbed the reservoir/pump I bought from LMC Truck for the '68. Mounted that to the fender, attached the lines and connected the plug. Filled the reservoir, and started the engine. Wipers work fine, but nothing comes out of the washer nozzles. The pump was working perfectly when removed from the '68, so I know it works. Probably an electrical issue I didn't feel like dealing with at the time.
When I replaced the firewall cover, I had to pull the steering column. When I replaced it, I thought I had the steering wheel all lined up properly so the wheel would be properly oriented when driving straight. It was off a bit so I decided to correct that. It is a Grant wheel, so all I had to do was remove five Allen screws, turn the wheel a bit, and replace the screws. Well, the horn has never worked, so I decided to dig into that issue a bit. There is no power coming to the horn contact brush in the turn signal switch. Tracing that wire back down to the plug, the wire from the trucks harness to the horn wire in the column has been cut. There is 1/2 of exposed wire on the truck side of the plug. I replaced all the steering wheel and horn components. I found a wire under the dash near the steering column plug that was cut and exposed. I jumped that to the horn wire at the plug and the horn went off, even though the horn button wasn't pushed! Wassupwiddat? :? More wiring issues to deal with! :x
Also, last night I took the bump out for a drive, and the turn signals were working fine. Then suddenly they quit working. After messing with the steering column, they work again! The turn signal flasher is brand new, I just replaced that today as well. The brake and hazard flasher lights have always functioned properly, even when the turn signals didn't.
So now I need to track down the washer pump issue (I'm wondering if the plug contacts are corroded and the PO just bypassed the plug). I need to figure out the horn issue, and I need to try to tighten up the possibly loose fuel filter canister.
Also, this afternoon I gave guidance to my special needs daughter while she did most of the work making chocolate chip cookies! Yummmm!!! :D (That was the best part of my whole day!)
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
wildcard
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: What did you do to YOUR bump today?

Post by wildcard »

Filled mine with gas, hooked it to the boat and went fishing.
towtruckerfour
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by towtruckerfour »

The wife and I went to Boise and goofed off for the afternoon. Tomorrows entertainment will be powerwashing the engine compartment of the wifes 70 F100 now that I have the motor out. I figure might as well clean it up and the motor while I have easy access to both.
Troy
Why is it that the trucks are always the best running vehicles in the family?
Ford means "found on road daily"
70 F100 Custom-352 w/68 Highboy 4x4 frame. My play/project truck
70 F250 Explorer-390/C6 auto. My work truck
04 Mitsubishi montero-family car
MadMaxetc
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by MadMaxetc »

worked on doing the bearing upgrade for the clutch from Mustang Steve.
Dan

Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4 / Work In Progress!
Daily Driver: '67 F-250 Converted to F-100 LWB / 300 / T-5 / 9" 3.70:1 / 235/75R15 Tires
1/4 mile in 17.64s @ 75mph (it's 4200lbs!!!)
"Work Harder! Millions On Welfare Depend On YOU!!"

FORD Girl

Photobucket Pictures
kaptnkaos
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by kaptnkaos »

Nearly finished my brake job...
new mc, new front brake lines, new wheel cylinders, got everything done except the brakes bled and the wheels put back on...
I probably would have gotten the brakes bled except I started going into insulin shock.
By the time I got to my room, my blood sugar had dropped to 40 and I nearly passed out.
Normal is 70-120 anything below that can cause insulin shock.
After eatin' a bowl of Captn Crunch, it's back to normal now, but I feel like crude after the rebound.

KaptnKA 8) S
Washington...The land where rust is like the family pet...Ya learn to live with it and clean up after its mess... KaptnKAOS

"Olde Skool" '68 Ford Bluebird short bus
"FRODO" '68 F-250 Camper Special project
fomocoguy
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fomocoguy »

I installed the new hood letters that my gal bought me for my birthday! It finally looks complete again! Then we drove it to an all Ford car show. Good times!
Joe

1971 F100 flareside 8ft
1964 Chrysler New Yorker Town and Country wagon
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 cummins
2005 Ford Ranger
kaptnkaos
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by kaptnkaos »

Right on fomocoguy...

She sounds like a keeper... :D

KaptnKA 8) S
Washington...The land where rust is like the family pet...Ya learn to live with it and clean up after its mess... KaptnKAOS

69bumptruck
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 69bumptruck »

Finally cleaned out the garage so I could have a place to work on it! :)
David, owner of:
1969 F100 SWB (restoration in progress)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2317125
kaptnkaos
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by kaptnkaos »

Dang, I wish I had a garage to clean up

fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

relized that i sold a part that i would need if i used the factory air unit i have. so it looks like the dealer air will have to go back in.
brandon.k
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by brandon.k »

Put the new H.P. 950 Holley on. Holy crap! :evil:
ImageImage
Redcap
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Redcap »

I threw a MSD 6A, Blaster SS coil, and Duraspark distributor in my old beast yesterday. :thup:
george worley
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by george worley »

Washedand waxed it and drove it 30miles on the turnpike to blow the carbon out and came back home and picked up the Mrs. and went to the Dairy Queen and I had a triple thick chocolate shake :D
hotrod ford
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by hotrod ford »

put about 75 miles on mine since i fixed the vacum leak. :thup:
1971 Sport Custom SWB: 360/C6 3.00
1965 Ford Falcon 4Dr: Inline 170 3sp