Moderator: FORDification

sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Truck Storage and Security

Post by sargentrs »

Thanks Sub n Jeff! No way I can part with her now. It was meant to be! :D
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
jimilivz

Post by jimilivz »

Another option to consider (uses GPS technology): There are devices that use GPS tracking and link to your cell phone available. Of course they don't prevent theft, but help you to recover after the fact. Just google "car GPS tracking" for more info/options. Some need periodic recharging, others can be wired in, requiring very low current. They usually require a monthly fee for access to a phone providers network (Verizon). Something to consider in conjunction with prevention devices.
68 F250 CS Ranger 390 C6
Subzero
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Subzero »

I also looked into those when my jeep got stolen. A popular one is the LoJack, but they're pricey and you're right a lot of them do come with a monthly fee :roll: . Right now I don't think thieves would want it without a engine while its out for rebuilding. I'll have this old 1972 locked up like Fort Knox one day hopefully :thup:
1972 F100 Sport Custom-2WD, Aqua Blue and Wimbleton White, LWB, 302 V8 and C4 trans, P/S, P/B - under construction

Gone but not forgotten: 1968 F100 Ranger- 2WD, LWB, original rebuilt 360 V8, Autolite 2bbl carb, C6 Trans, Hedman Headers, Powermaster Racing Starter, H-Pipe and Glasspacks, P/S, P/B, A/C
Wafe01

Post by Wafe01 »

Yep but unless they changed it, Lo Jack is a one time cost,
another thing you can do is etch Vin number on the glass Windows.

I still like having multiple deterrents, alarm with RIFD kill switch built-in, then secondary manual kill switch, one to starter, ignition, second to fuel pump, Grant removable steering wheel lock, Lo Jack sticker on Windows lol
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Many years ago I had a friend with a 110 lb pit bull named Spotty that stayed in his truck. He'd put a $100 bill on the center of the dash. If you could grab it, you could have it. Nobody tried... :nono:
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
Subzero
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Subzero »

I wouldn't either :lol: . Actually my work does the VIN number on the windshield on used/new cars are extra security too.
1972 F100 Sport Custom-2WD, Aqua Blue and Wimbleton White, LWB, 302 V8 and C4 trans, P/S, P/B - under construction

Gone but not forgotten: 1968 F100 Ranger- 2WD, LWB, original rebuilt 360 V8, Autolite 2bbl carb, C6 Trans, Hedman Headers, Powermaster Racing Starter, H-Pipe and Glasspacks, P/S, P/B, A/C