Adventures, road trips, and tales....

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

LANCE65
Preferred User
Preferred User

Adventures, road trips, and tales....

Post by LANCE65 »

Ok, I tried this on the "other" site and was/is a complete failure of a thread :doh: , so lets try here...

I am planning a cross country trip in my 72 F250 next summer. I am really looking forward to driving an old vehicle across many states again, making some memories with my family. So what I am asking is for everyone to post up YOUR adventures and trips in an old vehicle. :thup:
2015 Camaro-2001 GMC Safari-1984 F250 6.9/T19 2wd-1974 Dodge D100 short fleetside~ 72 wife ~ late model kids, a Chocolate Lab named Coco and a white rabbit named Marshmallow...now I need a ferret named Graham and I will have S'mroes!!!..lol :D
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Adventures, road trips, and tales....

Post by sargentrs »

I'm fairly new to owning a vintage vehicle so no road trips to speak of. However, since 2004, I've exclusively driven an older vehicle as my daily driver. First it was my bump before I started rebuilding it. Then it was a '74 Dodge Dart and for the past year and a half, my '64 Fairlane. I drive her to work every day, a 90 mile round trip, and everywhere I go. Every day is an adventure!
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
Subzero
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: Adventures, road trips, and tales....

Post by Subzero »

I drove my first 68' Bump daily in high school after buying it a year earlier when I was 15, man that was fun. No one else had anything like it and everyone knew me by the truck. Now I'm on my second one years later and am fixing it up as a sunny day- only daily driver. I never went on many trips too far with mine but I did use it to haul my dirt bike an hour away to the track. I'd love to take mine on some long trips when it's all finished so I'd be in on some stories too
1972 F100 Sport Custom-2WD, Aqua Blue and Wimbleton White, LWB, 302 V8 and C4 trans, P/S, P/B - under construction

Gone but not forgotten: 1968 F100 Ranger- 2WD, LWB, original rebuilt 360 V8, Autolite 2bbl carb, C6 Trans, Hedman Headers, Powermaster Racing Starter, H-Pipe and Glasspacks, P/S, P/B, A/C