67 f250 dually?

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

treys599

67 f250 dually?

Post by treys599 »

Hello I am a brand new member here and I am looking around for my first bump, Luckily being in Texas they are plentiful but also some oddities. One of my friends mentioned something about a 67 f250 dually and it came like that from the factory. I remember reading a forum some where that said they do exist but hasd to be special ordered. It would be cool to find one of these if they indeed did exist from the factory, so could you get a f250 dually from the factory? (also any special things in particular to look for on these trucks besides the usual stuff to look for in classics?) Thanks in advance!
Ranchero50

Re: 67 f250 dually?

Post by Ranchero50 »

Check out the sales brochures in the main part of the site. http://fordification.com/library/main.php

Yeah, they are out there and actually more common than you'd think since the more popular models have become extinct.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
treys599

Post by treys599 »

Ok awesome! Is there any way to tell it was done by the factory and not some hack who previously owned the truck without having to send the vin in somewhere to be fully decoded? Something like a special gvwr or letter in the vin? I have always had trouble with POs in the past with things so I am looking for something as original as possible in an attempt to cut down on PO involvement like them hacking a 350 axle into a 250 haha.
Jacksdad
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Jacksdad »

If you're dead set on a dually, I wouldn't rule out an F350 should you come across one. They were built with much bigger (stronger) chassis and suspension components than a 250, and other than the longer wheelbase versions, they're essentially the same size truck.
1971 DRW F350 cab and chassis with an Open Road motorhome conversion, Dana 70, 352 (originally 390)/C6, PS, power front discs, and 159" w/b.
treys599

Post by treys599 »

Well it's not that I necessarily want a dually, I want something unique, and a dually f250 checks that box. Also I have found one near me for sale for a good price and I was wanting to see if there is a way to see if it is a factory deal and not aftermarket. Originality is also a requirement haha and this particular truck meets all the requirements.
TNIceWolf
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by TNIceWolf »

You might be able to decode the VIN inside the door at the LMC website. However that VIN could be misleading. There is a second VIN on the frame. And in the case of a dually I would think that one would be more reliable. I am pretty sure you would notice if someone just threw in a F350 rear end. The difference between a 3/4 ton dually rear and a one ton is usually pretty signifigant if compared to the front wheels of a 2WD. I know my F350 uses the Dana 70. Its a big hunk of metal compared to say a Dana 60. I am also pretty sure there would be a difference in the lug stud and nut sizes as well. If memory serves there is also a difference in the tire and wheel sizes. Some of this is guesswork on my part and based on a dentside 3/4 ton dually a friend of mine owned. And some of it is from some conversions I have seen done, But I would imagine the same would hold true for a bump.
Find 'em....Buy 'em....Fix 'em.....Drive 'em....Love 'em

HHC 4/67AR.... Bandits.....88-92

Presently in the stable
1969 Ford F-350 DRW
1989 Chevy S-10 Tahoe ( It gets me to work and back and fetches parts and groceries)
1981 Buick Regal ( My deceased uncles last project/driver....renamed project Regal Eagle to be finished in his honor)
1990 Ford F-150 ( Miss Yvonnes Daily Driver )
My F-350 project http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=41744
Jacksdad
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Jacksdad »

Hey, if you have one in mind, I say go for it. Definitely not a commonplace truck, and that's never a bad thing. Hope to see some pics if you snag it :thup:
1971 DRW F350 cab and chassis with an Open Road motorhome conversion, Dana 70, 352 (originally 390)/C6, PS, power front discs, and 159" w/b.
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

No rear duals on a F250. As said above, a 350 has taller frame members. The easiest way to tell is the 100 and 250 have the trans cross member bolt to the bottom lip of the frame, the 350 has a bracket bolted to the frame side wall that the cross member rests on. The Dayton calipers on a 350 have about 1" more space between the mounting bolts. The 350, especially in 159" wheel base has the turning radius of a small ocean liner. The 250 can have the comfort ride suspension, 350 has a ton of leaves and rides like a brick empty. What ever you find, you really, really want power disc brakes. Power steering is pretty easy to swap in, a 250 uses the same steering box up through '79.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.