PayPal User's Have you ever

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

67mann
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

PayPal User's Have you ever

Post by 67mann »

Trying to help a buddy out, selling something without a paypal account....the money is being held by paypal until I go get a moneygram for the the pick up agent? The buyer has sent the money to cover the product,the moneygram and moneygram fee, but I don't get the money in my account until this amount is bought and sent :hmm: paypal is guaranteeing the trans action,but still :?
I've had enough and I'm not alone
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii304/67mann/
Canonman67
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: PayPal User's Have you ever

Post by Canonman67 »

You're being scammed. If someone pays with PayPal it goes straight to your account even with an echeck. PayPal will sometimes put a hold on a payment until it clears but they'll never require you to make any kind of payment to get your money.
67mann
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 67mann »

Yep..total scam. Reported it to Paypal, forwarded all the e-mails to their spoof/ fraud dept. Thx for the reply :thup:
I've had enough and I'm not alone
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii304/67mann/
Canonman67
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Canonman67 »

Happy to help.
mulletmobile

Post by mulletmobile »

A little info and advice from my line of work: If anyone asks you to get a moneygram/greendot/any other payment like this for a product or service, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE DO IT! Every last one of these are scams. I can not tell you how many people have been scammed out of their savings. And if they tell you they are the IRS and you owe taxes or the local law enforcement agency telling you that you have a warrant for your arrest, they are lying. The cops will come looking for you in person, moneygrams can't cancel a warrant and IRS only contacts you by mail. The certified kind they can prove you received.
1971 F-250, Wimbeldon White, 360, PB, dealer add-on A/C (A.R.A. brand), 1970 coded interior (23 - Med. blue/Light blue) with 42,000 miles.