Antenna Holes Lead to Interior?

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

Cal2121

Antenna Holes Lead to Interior?

Post by Cal2121 »

I'm chasing some minor water intrusion. I have replaced the wiper pivot gaskets and going to inspect the windshield seal as well. I'm wondering about some holes I have on each side of my truck. It looks like at one point it had dual antennas (one on each side). When I got it, it did not have any. Now there are four small open holes on each side where the antennas were. Can water that enters there find its way to the door sill area? It looks like it would go into the cowl area and find its way out, but I'm not sure.

As always, I really appreciate all of you and your input.

Craig
Ranchero50

Re: Antenna Holes Lead to Interior?

Post by Ranchero50 »

Probably not since they should go in to the cowl area. The base of the cowl gets full of leaves but I don't think that's your problem. My truck loves to seep water up through the windshield seal. It'll then seep through the pinch weld and drip on the floor. It doesn't make it to the dash. I put a little sliver of wood under the seal to act as an air break and it works pretty good. Too lazy to pop the glass back out.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
Cal2121

Post by Cal2121 »

Thanks Ranchero. I have cleaned out both sides of the cowl. The passenger side cowl was filled up almost to the vent! Though I get water on the driver's side too, and that cowl was decently clean. I'll focus on the window and see if that stops it.
ok68crewcab
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by ok68crewcab »

My windshield rubber had about an 1/8" gap in it and caused water to seep in. A little dab of black silicone seemed to fix the problem.
2 Blessed 2 Be Stressed