Snow plow

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

Flightman91

Snow plow

Post by Flightman91 »

I have a 67 f250 4x4, anyone know where I could get push plates for my truck? So sick of shoveling.

Thanks
1967(ish) Ford F250 4X4. 390, NP435, Dana 24, Dana 44 front end closed knuckle 4.11 Drum brake, Dana 60 rear end 3.73 Drum brake
2005 Subaru Forrester XS manual
2009 Scion XB Auto
cep62
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Snow plow

Post by cep62 »

Probably your best solution is to buy a used plow then adapt it to your truck.
When your truck was new it was pretty much a universal mount that would fit different models.

I've had good luck with the Western brand , the pump, motor and lift ram are one unit with the turn controls built in.
A Monarch brand control unit is also a good choice that will serve any brand plow.
Try to stay away from the pumps that run off of the engine's belts they're slow and a pain in the --- to hook up.

A 7.5 foot plow is a good size , any shorter and you're driving over the spill off from the blade.
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

Quickest way to kill a truck is to put a plow on it. First the suspension, then the rust.

Seems the perfect excuse to pick up an old 8n or something newer. I use a '58 MF50 and 7' blade. Haven't needed it yet this winter which is a mixed blessing.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
cep62
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by cep62 »

Ranchero50 wrote:Quickest way to kill a truck is to put a plow on it.
Very true ,Thats why I use a designated beater plow truck.
I've had a '78 and '79 Bronco and gotten about ten years apiece out of them with minimal care.
This year I'm using a '77 short box and I hope I have the age, wisdom and self discipline to get at least 15 years out of it. :lol:

I work in a bodyshop and see the results of people plowing snow , it is hard on a truck.
Ranchero50 wrote:Seems the perfect excuse to pick up an old 8n or something
My Dad had an Allis Chalmers B with a plow and I spent a lot of time pushing snow , it was slow and cold.
After I bought my first plow truck ( a 71 F100 with , a too narrow , belt drive pump type, plow) he never plowed with the tractor again.