PhotoBucket

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

Canonman67
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

PhotoBucket

Post by Canonman67 »

So if you're looked at my build thread lately you've seen that I have apparently deleted all my photos. Well, no I didn't, Photobucket lost them. Here's the email I received today.

Josh (Photobucket Support)
Feb 22, 10:53 AM MST

Hello,

We thank you for your patience while we investigated the matter. Our engineering team has been working tirelessly to identify and recover your images. They identified a technical issue that had 1 out of a billion odds of occurring. Unfortunately, your account was one of the handful that were affected. They have spent countless hours to recover your images, but yielded no results. They have added additional safeguards in place to make sure this never happens again.

We are refunding all charges that may have been made for the past 12 months. In addition, we will be providing one year of our AdFree subscription.

Once again, we strongly apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Happily I've never paid for a subscription so I'm not out but what makes them think I'm going to trust them again?

Anyway, does anyone think it's worth trying to rebuild the build thread or should I just let it die of natural causes?
Lone Ranger
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: PhotoBucket

Post by Lone Ranger »

Wow 1 in a billion chance .... You should buy a lotto ticket! But seriously that's infuriating ! Do you still have the pics somewhere or are they gone forever? Serious bummer
1972 f100 4x4 4 inch lift with dump box kit-sold
1969 f250 4x4 highboy in progress.
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=85251
Kyle
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Bummer! I, for one, have enjoyed your build thread and saved several photos of your progress for reference on mine. That mod you did on your ashtray was an engineering marvel :thup: I've always just uploaded my photos straight to here. Hopefully, that hasn't caused any problems for Keith or the moderators. I'd be happy to pay if it does just so this site can live!
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
67mann
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 67mann »

:eek: That truly bites the big one. My dell took a crap and lost all my house renovations pic's :doh: Haven't been in my photobucket account lately..no pic's to add but when I have...the fricken ad's take over..it's ridiculous :cuss: and I ain't paying if they can't keep track of their pictures
I've had enough and I'm not alone
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii304/67mann/
Canonman67
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Canonman67 »

Happily I do have all the pictures, as an amateur wildlife photographer I'm pretty anal about backing up Lightroom on several different drives. I only had the account so I could post pictures here so it didn't ruin things totally but I looked at my build thread and other photos I posted as payback for all the help and advice I received from the members. 67mann yeah so true, they already lost around 600 of my photos what makes them think I'd consider paying them for the same crappy service. I do have to admit though that the ad free looks nicer and loads WAY faster than the free service.
I think you give me too much credit Sargentrs, it wasn't exactly a marvel but it certainly serves it's purpose. You're right about paying for the forum though, I'd much rather give Keith my money than PB. This forum is too great a resource for our trucks.
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

If you can figure out what was where and a way to upload to another site so I can easily identity and I'd be willing to edit the post to fix the pictures.
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
Canonman67
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Canonman67 »

I'm working on it DuckRyder. The biggest problem I have is I took 1000s of photos of the project during disassembly and determining what I posted isn't easy. I did convert RAW to jpg but instead of numbering the albums I named them which creates it's own problems. I thought computers were supposed to make our lives easier?
DisneysPatB
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by DisneysPatB »

I guess I should stick to not using my PB account. I was on there a few weeks ago when I first signed up here to put an image of my bump in place, but there was so much ad lag that I gave up.
1970 F250 460 C6 - Project - Currently not running.
1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4 x 4 5.9 Magnum -not running.
1999 Toyota Corolla - Daily Driver.

https://fordification.com/forum/app.php ... y/album/43
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

install Adblock plus on your browser and 99% of ads go away. Makes P-bucket fun again.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
67mann
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 67mann »

Ranchero50 wrote:install Adblock plus on your browser and 99% of ads go away. Makes P-bucket fun again.
:hmm: Is this something that can be downloaded free.... just google adblock :? I plan on using my account again when I get my project truck out of storage :woohoo:
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

Yeah, it's an 'app' for Chrome and Firefox. It runs in the background and makes pretty much all ads go away. On some sites like news or video you'll get a pop up block until you pause the adblocker. There's also one for Youtube but I didn't care for it (slowed stuff down).

67mann
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 67mann »

Installed that on my firefox and :rock: thx for the info jamie
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

Cool. I will say that I back up my PB account on occasion to a USB stick. I yanked my old puter off the shelf in a fit of rage over lost WiFi and toasted the hard drive. Lost a lot of stuff including my CNC cad drawings.