Thoughts on this 67 ranger?

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Thoughts on this 67 ranger?

Post by colnago »

Keep watching it. As of Sunday, September 3rd, it's been listed for nine days. A few more weeks, and your offer might not sound so bad. Let it simmer, call him up in a few weeks, and see where things are at. In the meantime, maybe something better will show up. If it's really been sitting since '04, plan on a frame-up restoration.

As a comparison, I got my '67F250 for $1100, and I was able to drive it home. It's a money pit, but it keeps me from chasing girls.

Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.
farmallmta

Re: Thoughts on this 67 ranger?

Post by farmallmta »

Unrealistic owners sometimes fail to understand that what they have is either at salvage price or near. No salvage yard in the US would offer anything near $800 for the truck, so you're already offering a premium for a complete pickup, but overall condition unknown.

I can promise you that the thing wasn't parked in a field in 2004 because it was running and driving wonderfully, and it's only deteriorated more since. So if they can find somebody to give them $2K,they've really hit a lick. It certainly wouldn't be from me.

I agree with the above comment: wait a bit. Then call back.