Another Page in America's Dumbest Criminals...

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

ToughOldFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Another Page in America's Dumbest Criminals...

Post by ToughOldFord »

Tuesday night someone tried to steal gas out of my work truck, which we know is pretty futile in modern vehicles. Doesn't appear that they got anything.
I'm glad to report that the five gallon can full of gas just sitting in the bed of the truck is still there.....
1969 F250 Ranger Camper Special. 390, NP435, 3:73s.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That government is best which governs least, because its people discipline themselves. -Thomas Jefferson
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Another Page in America's Dumbest Criminals...

Post by basketcase0302 »

"ToughOldFord"]Tuesday night someone tried to steal gas out of my work truck, which we know is pretty futile in modern vehicles. Doesn't appear that they got anything.
I'm glad to report that the five gallon can full of gas just sitting in the bed of the truck is still there.....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But but but "flashlights were not issued in how to steal gas 101" LOL! :doh:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

basketcase0302 wrote:
"ToughOldFord"]Tuesday night someone tried to steal gas out of my work truck, which we know is pretty futile in modern vehicles. Doesn't appear that they got anything.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But but but "flashlights were not issued in how to steal gas 101" LOL! :doh:
Probably lucky they didn't use a lighter to see what they were doing......... :eek:
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
Twisted_Steel

Post by Twisted_Steel »

Not "criminal" but definitely one of the dumbest.........
I was sent this on facebook by my cousin, and it reads.....

" To all you hunters who kill animals for food, shame on you; you ought to go to the store and buy the meat that was made there, where no animals were harmed."
The caption under the picture reads.. "Folks, just remember as you read this, this person probably drives, votes and may already have reproduced"

My reply was simply... Sometimes "stupid" just doesn't quite cover it.
ButtaBean

Post by ButtaBean »

LOL!!

That reminds me of when I worked for a small ford dealership. I lived a block away and had a clear view of the used car section. One Saturday night, I saw several guys with gas cans and a hose trying to be sneaky and siphon gas.
I called the police and watched as they rolled up. The guys ditched the cans and hoses and acted like they were just shopping. As i was standing on my front porch watching, one of them stuck a cigarette in his mouth and fired it up and POOF!! His entire face went up in flames! The officer pulled out a fire extinguisher and gave him a snootful before he was seriously harmed, but his eyebrows, eyelashes and the front half of hair was gone.
Not gonna lie. I laughed until I cried. Karma.
markguiver

Post by markguiver »

I've got a couple:
1) One of the guys I grew up with told me he was siphoning gas one night into a jerry can. He got the flow going into the can when he saw headlights coming down the street, so he hid in the bushes next to the curb. The tank on the car was on the left side (street side). The truck passed by then stopped and backed up next to the gas can. The driver got out, stood by the can until it started to overflow, then pulled the hose out of the tank, and screwed the cap on the can. Picked up the can and put it in the bed of his truck with the hose, got back in his truck and continued on his way with his new free gas can and 5 gallons of gas. :thup:

2) I got in my truck one morning to go somewhere and noticed that my gauge only showed 1/2 full. I thought it had 3/4 when I parked it the night before but, didn't think much about it till I got back from my errand. Walking back to the front door I noticed my garden hose had been cut. I realized that not only had someone swiped the missing 1/4 tank (5 gallons) but, to add insult to injury had ruined my garden hose to siphon it with. : :(
Mark.
1975 F-250 4X4 (The Beast)
1971 Bronco Sport