Anyone make it to Spring Carlisle?

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

Ranchero50

Anyone make it to Spring Carlisle?

Post by Ranchero50 »

Ran up Friday in the Jag, spent from 9 am until 5 pm walking the place and hit @ 80% of the swap meet and none of the cars section.

I really didn't have a list, just looking for deals on interesting stuff. Fleshed out my 3/4 socket sets and 1/2" deep well sockets. Picked up a beating bag for doing metal work and a slapper from Dagger tools. I did stop at the Busch buffing guys and picked up some new wheels and compound for the buffer.

Ended up at the D/C tent and picked up a pair of repro '70 headlamp doors for $35 that were 'seconds' that had a couple marks in the finish and no paint. Naturally everything they had up there had a made in China decal under the "made for factory Ford tooling' logo Ford got conned into giving them a couple years ago. They also had plain clusters for $45 and wood grain for $65 (I think). I already had a plain one and wasn't too interested in the wood grain so left them for the next guy.

Tom with Flashback F100's had a nice rust free Cali sourced orange '67 F-250 C/S and if I ever do another truck, that will be my source. Just not worth the amount of pain and suffering to try and fight the rust devil.

Prices, like the market were all over the place with deals to be found. best deal was a 10# box of rubberized straps like what hold our heater hoses to the inner fender for $3 a box. Guy said he had no plans on taking any of them home. One thing I noticed was a ton of spaces rented just for vendor parking, probably 10% (or more) of the show or more in the established areas. Lot of dang walking just to look at POV's...

Did also talk to Tom Cotter from the Hagerty Barn Finder YouTube show. His woody was up there and he seemed a legitimately nice guy in person.

Overall it was OK.

As a side note (and I forgot to get pics) this morning I helped a friend retrieve a front end loader for an IH 656. Made a 45 minute run up the interstate for it and coming home the bucket and forks were hanging off the back. Fierce looking thing but it kept the tailgater's at bay.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
FLASH 1

Re: Anyone make it to Spring Carlisle?

Post by FLASH 1 »

Sold that truck @ Carlisle to a guy in CT. and since then has called several times on how great and solid that truck was , also how much power it had,, One other thing is like that truck and all the others we have sold in the past we give 10% off any parts for that truck as long a your the original owner one other thing wish the weather was a lot better in the beginning
Tom, where Ford Trucks Rule
1956 Big Window
1964 F-750 Flat Bed
1965 M-100 Mercury
1966 M-350 Mercury
1966 F350 Wrecker
1972 F-350 Crew Cab
1997 F-450 7.3 with 85,000 original miles
2006 F-150 Crew Cab
2008 F-650 Crew Cab Roll Back 6.7 Cummins
2020 Flat Top Peterbilt Roll Back PX-7 Engine
and 2 cars 1968 XLT and 2017 Mustang