Took the race truck out saturday for some testing. It went great! But found a problem. The shackle bolts were sticking out too much and hammering into the cage and frame during compression, not allowing the shackle to move! The first jump after getting on the course that day I could not believe how well the rear soaked everything up.
So this morning i fixed these small clearance issues with a grinder and headed back out.
It felt so amazing. Very impressed with the Alcans! They're ridiculous. my brother took some great footage of the truck and is working on putting together a short video of the truck, it will be up within the next couple days.
I've reviewed the footage on the computer in super slow mo, I can tell that the front drivers side is way softer than the passenger side. The drivers side bump completely bottomed out. Passenger side still has half it's stroke left. Crossover nuts appear to be the same on both shocks, spring rates and valving are the same, it must be a loss of pressure in the drivers side coilover? After looking at some of the footage i can see the passenger tire bouncing like maybe it's low on pressure. I haven't checked since the race so it's a good possibility both need to be charged again.
On one of the jumps it looks like the rear came close to bottoming but not quite. Pretty damn good if you ask me. There is no bigger jump than this on the race courses.
Time to figure out why the drivers side is softer and maybe do some revalving. I dont think i even need to touch the rear!
Thanks to my brother Trevor Piggott for filming both days with his camera gear. I pulled the action pictures from his footage.
Almost forgot.. I cleaned up the front frame/suspension and brushed some rustoleum hammered paint on.