Custom Stainless Steel Brushguard on '69 F250 Camper Special

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

farmallmta

Custom Stainless Steel Brushguard on '69 F250 Camper Special

Post by farmallmta »

Thought you guys might like to see a really heavy duty stainless steel brushguard custom built for this truck, all from solid stock. I'll put a near identical one on my son's '72 F250 Camper Special. This one is on my wife's truck.

Yes: that is a Ford Super Duty functional air scoop, ordered for this truck and installed by the dealer prior to delivery to the original owner in Albuquerque, from whom we bought the truck. It has the 360 V8, NP435, 3.73 Dana 60 TorqueLok, DMI QuikCush'n bumper, power steering and power brakes. The truck had 63K original documented miles when we were lucky enough to buy it.
Whitey Guard1.JPG
Whitey guard2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SeapineF37

Re: Custom Stainless Steel Brushguard on '69 F250 Camper Special

Post by SeapineF37 »

nice work on the guard!
Yes: that is a Ford Super Duty functional air scoop, ordered for this truck and installed by the dealer prior to delivery to the original owner in Albuquerque, from whom we bought the truck.
curious, have you ever taped some ribbon flags on the scoop to see if the air is going in or out of the scoop at varios speeds? interested to see what the air flow dynamics are with an option as unusual as this on the truck. would guess air flowing out slowly at stop and actuall flowing in at higher speeds but would really like to know how the scoop is actually functioning. stock air cleaner / carb setup?
great truck :thup:
1972 F350 seapine green cab/chassis drw
only one who has learned much can fully appreciate his own ignorance. louis l'amour