The 68 after a year of body work (on the road) pics

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

td
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

re: The 68 after a year of body work

Post by td »

all i see is a little red x !! i wanta see :cry: i wanta see :cry:. are you going to have any defrost vents? i want to shave mine also but im afraid i'll need them someday. (edit) o i found your pics, very cool, what kind of rolling stock you gonna be running?
Last edited by td on Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joshpow
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by Joshpow »

That bodywork is cool. I like it a lot. Wish I could afford stuff like that on the ol 72.
Josh

72 F-100 Ranger XLT SWB
71 F-100 Custom SWB
67 F-350 Dually Dump
02 F-250 Stroke
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2972100
3406kris

Re: re: The 68 after a year of body work

Post by 3406kris »

The base of the windshield/cowl are is a very high pressure area, especially on a brick like these trucks. Those cowl induction hoods actually work. Don't worry though, thats why god put vent windows in the doors. You did keep those, didn't you? :lol:

mnagatani wrote:I welded the seams via stich weld technique. It took a long time to do that project. Much like everything on this truck. Regarding the vents being filled, its a visual comprompise I made to have clean look. Im curious myself to know how much fresh air actually comes through those vents. Any thoughts about it are welcome.
td
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by td »

mnagatani,

after spending a little more time looking at all your pics i have to say im amazed at all the hours you've had to put into that truck. all of the previous ??'s i had were answered, i saw your wheels and your not even running a heater, hints the no defrost vents, and i love the shaved dash. i dare to say your inspiring a few of us here at the site! stay hard at it and you'll be driving it in no time.

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:
seattle67
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by seattle67 »

Absolutely fantastic! :thup:
Dan

"I plan to start procastinating immediately"

OldRedFord
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by OldRedFord »

What did you do with the wood floor for the bed? As in did you come up with all the stuff needed on your own? Or did you adapt a wood floor kit from a step side? Im really considering this with my truck.
Tim

1972 F350 flatbed drw c6/390
1967 F600 project truck
mnagatani

Post by mnagatani »

Hey all,

The positive comments keep me going, trust me!!! TD I have been staring at your pics ever since you posted and I do appreciate the latest posts. The wheel setup I am still up in the air as to what style, offset, and size. Your 20 in setup has been making me think as to what size to go with. I've been debating a, 18" front and 20" rear setup, but the 20" all the way around looks sweet also.

With regard to the bed question, I bought the wood from a guy on ebay and gave him the bed dimensions. From there, I created an aluminum subfloor which the wood sits on the bed without any drilling. If you need specific details, I'd be more than happy to share how it all went together. The wood itself and strips came out be around $500.00 The research I did to buy a kit with wood, subfloor, stain, and strips......was about three times a much.
td
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by td »

mnagatani,

the 20's all the way around looks fine but i do have to say the narrower 8's on the front gives the illusion that the front wheels look bigger than the rear. if i had it to do over i'd run 18's on the front. hindsite's 20/20 right :cry: .
td
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by td »

Mike,

your right it is hard to find alot of good examples of this era truck as for as extreme customs go. i do think you've got a good idea on the 18-20 staggard wheel setup. specially if you run some rake in you suspension setup. i wish i had all your metal work done on mine. why don't you come on to Tennessee and help me out with it ! :lol: :lol:
towens

Post by towens »

WOW!!! That truck does look better than new. I would absolutely love to have the resources to do that. This truck is an example of how patience and taking your time really reflect the outcome of the projects. Two thumbs up!

TOWENS
TRAVIS OWENS
"Never argue with an idiot; they will only drag you down to their level" -Anonymous

1972 F-250 CAMPER SPEC: SPORT CUSTOM 360 2WD; C6

1995 Ford Mustang V6; C4

1981 Honda 70c Passport Cub

1982 Honda Trail 110
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

What was the thought behind the blending of cowl and fender and softenning 5the hood corner?

is there a function there besides looks? I like it but am also currious. What made you think of that?
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
427blackpearl
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 427blackpearl »

:D i like it a lot :thup: :thup:
what im thinking has already been said so i wont take any more space
also if you come to tennessee for td, you will have two to work on or help with
mnagatani

Post by mnagatani »

I was inspired by the 57,58,59 era trucks that had a similar look. It was done for visual appearences only. I really like the look of how the hood and body come together with out the 90 degrees angles and huge body gaps. It seems to have a nice flow. Here is a pic of that era truck and how it looks stock. So if I get into an accident, I may run into some trouble!

what I did

ford4x4fun
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by ford4x4fun »

That is just awsome let me tell you! You get two :thup: :thup:
CNR Radio Instructor
US ARMY Retired
1971 Ford F100 4x4 (390)
2015 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.7l
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

cool never noticed that before on the 56-59's.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com