Basketcase#16-once in a lifetime build-now gone. :-(

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

TNIceWolf
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: Basketcase#16 an ASE mechanics nightmare is wired finally!

Post by TNIceWolf »

Good Job BC.......fun to drive no matter what the issues huh ?
Find 'em....Buy 'em....Fix 'em.....Drive 'em....Love 'em

HHC 4/67AR.... Bandits.....88-92

Presently in the stable
1969 Ford F-350 DRW
1989 Chevy S-10 Tahoe ( It gets me to work and back and fetches parts and groceries)
1981 Buick Regal ( My deceased uncles last project/driver....renamed project Regal Eagle to be finished in his honor)
1990 Ford F-150 ( Miss Yvonnes Daily Driver )
My F-350 project http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=41744
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

TNIceWolf on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:57 pm
Good Job BC.......fun to drive no matter what the issues huh ?
Thanks man! Yes it's kind of a relief to go back in time to the simpler days with BC # 16 instead of pluggin' in a code scanner to see what worthless part has failed this week!

Here she is as close to dusk as i could get with all her lights a'blazin!
Except for the Viper alarm lights which I got working today, (cool led light on the dash/and wired to the running light relay that flashes the lights if armed/disarmed/violated). :D

It was yet another good bump day today as it took almost all day to get the alarm installed, (in addition to helping Zach with his rear axle and rear brakes on the Chero"). :woohoo:
Gonna try a few things on the front end vibration tomorrow hopefully... :pray:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
FLATBEDFORD
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by FLATBEDFORD »

Nice lights!!!
Steve

1970 F350 DRW Factory 9' Platform/Stake, 360, T18.
Passed on to new care taker July, 2013

My Photo Gallery
http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/flatbedford/
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

FLATBEDFORD on Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:12 pm
Nice lights!!!
Thanks Steve! It's been a lot of work to get them working on the circuit breakers and relays! :dk:
Jeff
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Well I found one source of my front end vibration this morning, and it's not good news for BC #16! :hw:
I must have known this and just forgot (because I've had the parts for years now). :roll:
My driver's side king pin bushing(s) are shot! :rant:

The really bad part is that I've already moved the replacement king pin kit, (as well as my torch so I don't have access to either for replacement purposes). It's a long story...real close to leaving Florida now so I've tried to "weed out" everything except for what I thought I really needed at the moment. :(
I've read all the threads here and all the trouble that the king pins can be to get out, so I won't even attempt it on my daily driver at this point. I spent about two hours this morning sourcing the parts, (Rock Auto wound up having them) and the kit will be here Tuesday. So for the first time in BC # 16 and mine's 7 year history I'll have to let someone else work on her! :shh: :pray:
I spent another 3 hours today scraping / chemically cleaning / wire-brushing / spraying with PB to make the job as easy as possible for the guys. I'll call tomorrow morning to see if the guys are up to the job, (if they have a portable press so the beams don't have to be pulled and my brake lines aren't disturbed). :pray:

Wish me luck...
Jeff
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Basketcase#16 is home in TN one year after the build start!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Well guys (and gals) I hope everyone here has been good,
BC # 16 made the trip here to Choo-Choo town in Tennessee in about 14 hours, (675 miles) fully loaded down without much trouble. The truck definitely rides so much better with a load on her! I wound up replacing the two front tires to get rid of the front end vibration, (just two days before leaving Florida). I guess the worse part of the trip was probably getting through Atlanta right at afternoon rush hour traffic! Robert, I have a brother that also lives there. Just don't see how ya'll put up with all that traffic! :lol:
Here's BC # 16 enjoying the fall colors of Tennessee, (I mean trying to keep the leaves off of her)! :(

And here she is with most of the load she hauled from Florida:

Probably won't be here on the site much for awhile, (gotta' find some work again in this still tight economy). :pray:
Jeff
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
FLATBEDFORD
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by FLATBEDFORD »

Glad you made the trip OK. Stay in touch. I hope things work out for you in your new home.
Steve

1970 F350 DRW Factory 9' Platform/Stake, 360, T18.
Passed on to new care taker July, 2013

My Photo Gallery
http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/flatbedford/
guerra
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by guerra »

Hey Jeff truck looks good. i did'nt know you were moving but glad to hear your truck did good on your trip for you. wish you the best of luck in finding work..
1967 f-100 lwb 360/c6
1969 f-100 swb 351/c6 (project)
BiggDogg
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by BiggDogg »

Glad you had a good journey! Those front tires look nice! Best of luck on the job front :thup:
1970 F250 Camper Special
"Its no coincidence that man's best friend can't talk."
67mann
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 67mann »

:thup: Jeff what a hell of a motovational story---a couple of re-births(truck&owner)to boot--bye bye F.L.A Good luck in the great state of Tenn. My brother/law's nephew just moved there---well traded from Steelers to the Titans---So I'm sure him&sis will be down for a few games
I've had enough and I'm not alone
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii304/67mann/
BlueOvalDave

Post by BlueOvalDave »

Good Luck Jeff, That is one stout looking work truck!
FreakysFords
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by FreakysFords »

Glad to know you made it safe and sound bud!

Not only have you brought the truck back, but already proved it! :thup:

I know you're more than busy atm, but remember, your new hood is all of an hour away :)

Frank
Darlin 69 Ranger 390 4v, PS, DS II, disc front, 3G alternator, 67 mirror.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

by FLATBEDFORD on Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:07 am
Glad you made the trip OK. Stay in touch. I hope things work out for you in your new home.
Steve, thanks man. Not looking forward to the winters here! :lol:
by guerra on Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:11 am
Hey Jeff truck looks good. i did'nt know you were moving but glad to hear your truck did good on your trip for you. wish you the best of luck in finding work..
Thanks man! Other than losing the MC two days after I got here, I feel blessed the truck made the trip. :pray:
by BiggDogg on Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:15 am
Glad you had a good journey! Those front tires look nice! Best of luck on the job front :thup:
A long slow journey it was, (to ease the wear on my engine) max speed of 50. Was sure glad to see the minimum speed on Georgia's interstates at 40 so I could slow down to 45! :lol: Sure didn't want to spend the money on the two front Goodyears but I had to do it, (my original two front 10 ply tires were bought off the internet). Just couldn't seem to get the vibration out of them. :hw:
by 67mann on Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:51 am
:thup: Jeff what a hell of a motovational story---a couple of re-births(truck&owner)to boot--bye bye F.L.A Good luck in the great state of Tenn. My brother/law's nephew just moved there---well traded from Steelers to the Titans---So I'm sure him&sis will be down for a few games
Thanks Jerry! How's the yote' hunting going up there? Sure hope to be able to slow down by next year to get in some whitetail hunting here. Sure seems weird to see Canadian geese fly over almost daily here, (can't ever remember seeing them in Florida). :roll:
by BlueOvalDave on Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:30 am
Good Luck Jeff, That is one stout looking work truck!
Thanks Dave! I just hope I don't have to settle for work that will abuse my trucks ability, (an employer that will want to take advantage of the fact that I have a truck that can haul). :pray:
by FreakysFords on Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:11 pm
Glad to know you made it safe and sound bud!

Not only have you brought the truck back, but already proved it! :thup:

I know you're more than busy atm, but remember, your new hood is all of an hour away :)

Frank
Thanks Frank! I've still got a lot more to do on the truck in the coming years, but feel thankful BC # 16 made it here! I'm on the North side of Chattanooga, (one hour for a normal bump owner-two hours drive for me at 45 MPH to make it down there)! :lol: Really hope to make the trip down there in the next month or so though to see my Father. :pray:
Jeff
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
67mann
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 67mann »

Thanks Jerry! How's the yote' hunting going up there? Sure hope to be able to slow down by next year to get in some whitetail hunting here. Sure seems weird to see Canadian geese fly over almost daily here, (can't ever remember seeing them in Florida).

No yote's (later this winter)yet----it's whitetail(bow)season until almost Xmas (shotgun&muzzeloader)for me . Although the great state of NY is getting pretty damn greedy---98$ for the privlage,but I'm hooked on the thrill of the kill and Xperimenting with the processing---started out with just makin burger,now I'm up to sausage(summer,brkfst,hot,sweet),hots,brat's, and the old lady wants to can some this year. Good Luck with everythimg Jeff :thup:
I've had enough and I'm not alone
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii304/67mann/
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

No yote's (later this winter)yet----it's whitetail(bow)season until almost Xmas (shotgun&muzzeloader)for me . Although the great state of NY is getting pretty damn greedy---98$ for the privlage,but I'm hooked on the thrill of the kill and Xperimenting with the processing---started out with just makin burger,now I'm up to sausage(summer,brkfst,hot,sweet),hots,brat's, and the old lady wants to can some this year. Good Luck with everythimg Jeff :thup:
Jerry, Thanks again man!
The muzzleloader is my favorite, (presently have two-the Knight inline became my favorite a few years ago). Still have the ol' Hawkens sidelock replica but the Florida rains made me a believer in modern inline rifles! Good luck with your "ever elusive whitetail" hunting! I've got a grinder that hasn't been used in years now, maybe next year? :pray: You on public or private lands? I've always been forced onto public lands where the pressure is far too great for much success... :(

Been back on BC #16's brakes again this week. :hw: It seems that every MC I put on her has a different stroke and changes my brakes dramatically to the point of adjusting the MC pushrod / bleeding / and tuning the adjusters at the wheels. I was down to right rear duals locking up earlier this week, now I've got some front brakes-but still not satisfied. The mountains here are not very forgiving on poor brakes like the flat ground in Florida was! :doh:
Jeff
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4