1967 F100 LWB Base Project "BlueBeast"

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

JWW
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: 1967 F100 LWB Base Project "BlueBeast"

Post by JWW »

Nice 67'.
JWW
1967 F100 Ranger, Auto, 240ci
2004 F150 Crew Cab
My project: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... &sk=t&sd=a
Petewrench

Post by Petewrench »

:woohoo: Wheel Hoops Came today! Time to cut me out some Centers!!!!

Sorry about the fuzzy pic. Time to clean the phone lens too!

Looks Like I may end up with a second Bump! a Solid '67 F-350! More on that as it develops..........
"WARNING! Being Hit with The "Brick Of Life", is just a hint that you are about to be run over by the "Boulder Of Being"!"
:bdh: :hn: :rant: :wf: :drive:
1967 F-100 Base Long bed. 390 4Bbl, NP435 4Spd, Manual Steering, Manual Brakes, A/C. (BlueBeast).FOR SALE-NOT!
1967 F-350 C&C, 159"WB.(Donor Truck)
1967 Mercury Cougar Standard. 5.0 HO, RUG-E 4 Speed, Factory Triple Black, Console Car.(SOLD)
Petewrench

Bought Me Another one!!!!

Post by Petewrench »

Ok, The Bug has bitten once again!!!!! :roll: Got it for a good price(Nowhere near what it was advertized for), even though It's probably gonna cost a BUNCH of $$ to get her home, since It's in Idaho, And I'm in south Carolina!

1967 F-350 Cab & Chassis 352 4 Speed

Time to start calling Transporters.......
"WARNING! Being Hit with The "Brick Of Life", is just a hint that you are about to be run over by the "Boulder Of Being"!"
1967 F-100 Base Long bed. 390 4Bbl, NP435 4Spd, Manual Steering, Manual Brakes, A/C. (BlueBeast).FOR SALE-NOT!
1967 Mercury Cougar Standard. 5.0 HO, RUG-E 4 Speed, Factory Triple Black, Console Car.(SOLD)
Petewrench

Re: Bought Me Another one!!!!

Post by Petewrench »

I placed the 350 on U-Ship Friday. 0 Offers. No one wants to transport a Non-op One ton! :cry: So, I waited Till tonight to contact some Transport Companies. The best price so far, is $1350, Which is pretty good for 2,600 miles! Still waiting for some other quotes to come back.
The Beast got a work-out today, I Hauled a load of Red Oak from a Neighbor's house. She pulled great, But only being a 1/2 Ton, She was REAL Light in the front! Forgot the phone until I off loaded so I didn't get any pics.....
Heirloom
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Heirloom »

:pop:
~Heirloom

'68 F250 360, 4 spd Project Thread!
Plans are for a stout 400, C6, 3.54 gears, 33" BFG AT's, bucket seats and custom console. Final assembly, nearing start up...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~ Abraham Lincoln
Petewrench

Post by Petewrench »

AAaaaand, We're Off! 350 scheduled for Pick-Up on the 26th, $1080!! Counting the Days.......... :hd:
red_67f100

Post by red_67f100 »

Pretty awesome bro....that f-350 sure looks tough....congrats on your purchase and keep us updated.
Mancar1
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!
Location: USS Gramps Garage (DD-727) Tehama County, Northern Ca.

Post by Mancar1 »

Following along with interest.
May your sails stay full, and your knots not slip. Unless a slip knot.
Once I thought I was wrong, but I was wrong.
Life is a banquet, and every days a feast.
68 F-250 CS 390 C-6 P/S A/C front disc. 2nd owner.
2016 GMC Terrain Denali 301 HP V-6 AWD.
2009 Silverado Crew Cab, V-8, 4X4.
DD-727
DD-806
AE-35
LSD-39
AS-41
AR-8
Petewrench

Post by Petewrench »

Anxiously awaited the phone call from the Load Broker today, only to get a Call from another Broker soliciting business. He Managed to Capture My FULL attention! :cuss: :cuss: It seems that the Broker that I contracted with has posted my truck for shipment on the load boards, but not for the $1080 that was agreed upon and written into contract(Broker #2 Sent me a Snap-Shot of the Load Board Page.), NOOOOOOO, these Idiots took it upon themselves to post it without my authorization for $2500 COD!!! When I called them, I was told "This is how we entice Carriers to take the load."My Reply was "You need to take my truck Off of your list!!!", "He11, for that kind of $$, I can hook to a trailer, and go get the damn thing myself!" :hw: :hw: :hw: :hw: :hw:

So now, I am back to Square one (Yes, I Hired the Broker that turned me on to what the first Broker was up to, and, $1450 was what I was Expecting to pay from the beginning.), and my Pickup date is behind a week. Hopefully, We are on the right track now............ :pray:
Petewrench

Post by Petewrench »

One problem I've been having with Bluebeast, is when it's Real Warm out, The fuel Gauge works. But cool Weather It won't go anymore than a needle-width above "E". :hmm: :hmm: I Took the Sending unit out of the tank, and checked the gauge by sweeping the arm.-Everything is working, But it is a little Crusty.

I figured it wouldn't hurt to take the rheostat apart, and clean the Sweep/Cotacts, so, I moved it to the Tailgate to begin taking it apart. Once in the sun, it did this:

Fortunately, most of the older Fords, Mopars, And AMC used this type of float.

The one on the left is out of Bluebeast, The one on the right is from a '66 Chrysler Newport. cleaned everything up, and calibrated it. No more Guessing when I'll run out of Gas!!!! :hd:
Petewrench

Post by Petewrench »

Spoke to the driver that is transporting the F-350. He said he should be here sometime tomorrow afternoon! :hd: :hd: :hd: :hd:
Petewrench

Post by Petewrench »

Well, It's almost here! It's Going to be fun Unloading a one ton truck @ 10:00Pm with no lights!!!! :doh: More in a while.
Petewrench

Post by Petewrench »

Well, Some of the excitement has worn off, and I reek of Stale Gas, But she's home, and she Runs!!!! :yip:

Because there are no street lights on the road where I live, I directed the driver to the Gas station around the corner.

Pics:

Off The Truck, and on My Sling. Time to drag it home.

Into the mess of a Shop She'll call Home:

After the immediate deduction that the big, ugly square tank/Tool box welded to the frame has got to go, it was time to tinker with it, and see what works, and doesn't... :hmm:
I'm very surprised at how the doors open and close. The rubber seals are Very Pliable, and the doors close tight with a soft "Thump". the door glasses are difficult to roll up and down, but I think a little grease in the regulators will cure that. The Locks all match, and work well with the key, No evidence of ever having a hard collision(Though it has been repainted). The whole truck is in really good shape, considering the last year it was registered was 1995. there is 1 dent in the grille, but I can live with it for now.

Mechanically, Everything is tight. The King-Pins, and Tie rod ends took grease readily, and the Steering Box feels smooth with very little play. the Gear Shift has a solid "click" when you put it in gear, and has almost no side-to-side play in any gear. the Trans Oil looks clean, and is full, but it's old, so I'll be changing that. Same for the rear Axle.

Changed the engine Oil, and Filter, Topped off the Coolant, and put a Battery in it. Put a hose into a Gallon jug of Fresh Gas, primed the Carb, and started it. no clatter, 60Psi Oil Pressure, and NO Blow-By! :yip:

It Was almost comical to watch the engine vacuum suck the brake pedal to the floor(yes, The Brakes are Non-Existant!), I Ran the whole gallon of gas out, checked the lights, and put her to bed for the night. Got nothin' but time now, I'm Tired, and going to Bed. It's been a Great Day!!!!! :thup:
red_67f100

Post by red_67f100 »

Congrats on the new project
duaneo
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by duaneo »

What an exciting project! I'm a little jealous!

Cheers,
Duane
1971 F100 - Ugly on the outside, but purty under the hood...
1968 Chevrolet Impala - Family car since 1970, My car since I was 16, in need of bodywork/paint, but otherwise straight.
2004 Mini Cooper S - Daily driver and grown up go-kart